Installing Nokia Software Updater

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have downloaded it and installed it. After starting it says that there is a newer version available (50 something MB). The installation that follows the download never passes the initial screen. Any idea?

Thanks

Never mind, it worked.

Last edited:

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem...guess what there are 2 nokia software updaters,one which looks identical to nokia care suite(that's nokia software updater) and the other which is completely different and has accents option similar to windows phone 8 (that's called nokia software updater for retail)...that's the difference,i used the other which looked similar to nokia care suit and it didn't detected my lumia 820,but after i got the other one (retail thingy) voil?!
P.S I use windows 8

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Try uninstalling the older updater before u install the new retail version,both have different drivers and it might have got mixed up,so uninstall both and install retail edition again to see if it works..

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
In fact try uninstalling everything related nokia from your computer (my computer>uninstall or change program) and then install the retail one,it should work :)

John Korondy

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
You can download the working retail version 2.0.6 here -- without registration and without any additional garbage software. It will update itself to 3.0.4 (or the most current version). I have run it on Windows 8 and Windows 7, connected to my unlocked Lumia 920 (RM-821_apac_philippines_388) and it works great. Firmware updated and it hasn't shut down since!

eff3Ct

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I installed it, but same crap - does not look like it senses a phone.
Try it on Win 7 32bit.I too had this problem with my Lumia 620.The problem was I was using a 64bit version that came preinstalled.
I too searched around the web for a solution and someone had mentioned that Nokia Care Suite and NSU for Retail
don't work properly on 64bit.
Now my phone is detected without any hassle.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Try it on Win 7 32bit.I too had this problem with my Lumia 620.The problem was I was using a 64bit version that came preinstalled.
I too searched around the web for a solution and someone had mentioned that Nokia Care Suite and NSU for Retail
don't work properly on 64bit.
Now my phone is detected without any hassle.
I'm running Nokia Care Suite on Win8 64 bit without any problems, so not sure where you are getting that info

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Seems unlikely that it would work on W8 64bit and not W7 64bit, do you have all the right programs installed (.net framework, etc)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos