My new lumia 920 first thoughts

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Well after waiting in most of the day my new yellow lumia got delivered around 15-30 this afternoon. I have had a few hours with it and I must say I'm actually really liking it.

After having an iPhone for the past 6 years I decided it was time to have a go with something else I'd previously tried android and hated it, I'd also given wp7 ago and at the time it was awful but looking at wp8 there seems to be a lot of improvments made.

Opening the box it's quite big compared to my iphone 5 but that's something I think I could get used too.
I have the yellow lumia and I must say I love it.. Looks so different in front of you than it does in pictures and videos.

Setting it up wasn't the easiest of tasks, first I had an issue with setting up the email but finaly sorted that. Second was transferring contacts. I used the transfer app in the phone and everything seemed ok but it hadn't stored them any where, after 3 attempts I looked at another route and managed to sort it after around 2 hours.

Can some one please tell me why on earth the contacts don't get saved in your phone and come from an online source like google contacts??
Does this mean if I'm not connected my contacts will disappear??

Anyways every thing else seems great

Ill do another update on how I'm getting on with it in a few days time.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Does this mean if I'm not connected my contacts will disappear??.
Nope. Your contacts are now saved on the phone.

I came to the 920 from an iPhone, too. I am sure that you will have some frustrations in the first couple of weeks, but if you're anything like me, you'll come to appreciate your 920 more than any iPhone you've ever had.

My favorite things about the 920:
Large, beautiful screen
Wireless charging
Great camera
Smooth operating system
OneNote/office/skydrive integration
Enjoy your new phone and keep us posted!

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up guys, yea I'm sure I will have a few niggles to start with but it's just learning a new way of doing things. I'm loving the camera by the way.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
We know that you love it. That's the general consensus when someone switches to WP for the first time. The real indicator that will tell whether you love WP or not is during the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th week - as you see, WP is a drastic shift from different platforms, and you may need to get accustomed to how WP does things and such. Another thing is to look out for all the things that will annoy or bug you. If you have gotten to cope with those shortcomings well, then you really love WP. =)

*Note: Every phone has those annoying shortcomings.*

Anyways, welcome to our family..

Lord Elop has done it again, and converted another believer to our religion Nokiantology!!

elop-giggline-o.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss