AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: ATT 920 Users- anyone else having connectivity issues after the 1308 update?

My connection is very spotty now and it is causing the battery to drain abnormally quickly. It kept switching between no service, Edge, and then "G", sometimes going back to LTE, sometimes just 4G.

I'm in Seattle, WA

Same location.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed better battery life after the update? I haven't ever had bad battery life before my battery would usually be around 60% by this time in the day but today I am still at 87% that's way better than before the update. It's just the first day so maybe its too early to tell just thought I would bring it up.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: ATT 920 Users- anyone else having connectivity issues after the 1308 update?

Dallas TX here. Having the same issue. No problems before the firmware upgrade. Now intermittent connectivity issues.

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone provide the QR code for storage checker. I need this setting badly, and wanna try if it works with the portico version on my 822..

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
it is not an app. It is baked into the new firmware of the lumia. So you will have to update your firmware (which is not available for all lumia devices at the moment).

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed better battery life after the update? I haven't ever had bad battery life before my battery would usually be around 60% by this time in the day but today I am still at 87% that's way better than before the update. It's just the first day so maybe its too early to tell just thought I would bring it up.

I think battery calibration is lost after a firmware update. That is why people are either complaining about battery or saying it is great after each firmware. I am getting worse numbers but with the same amount of hours if I just monitor it myself.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I think battery calibration is lost after a firmware update. That is why people are either complaining about battery or saying it is great after each firmware. I am getting worse numbers but with the same amount of hours if I just monitor it myself.

That make sense I will give it a couple of days and see how battery life is.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

This is not good. I tweeted Nokia Care US and they havent heard anything about this so it doesnt look like it is a widespread issue. I dont know what to do. Is there a way to flash the older firmware back?

tehkei

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Ill try sending them a tweet as well. if i can get connected. :/

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Having the same issue in Chicago. Sucks because its my only source of internet for the next 2 weeks. Its weird because one minute I'm able to stream shows then when I quit the Netflix, I get a no connectivity.

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Haven't had any issues over here. Also my battery life has definitely went up. With WiFi and LTE on the entire time. I got 40% on my battery after 12 hours. (3 hours of video, 3 hours of web surfing, 1 hour of Pandora streaming)

russomaniac

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

been having the same issues after updating yesterday, keeps going between no service, 4G and LTE, even on LTE the store and other apps cant connect to data. and my battery is draining way fast because of it. im in Boston, trying to tweet with nokia about it...

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Having the same issue in Chicago. Sucks because its my only source of internet for the next 2 weeks. Its weird because one minute I'm able to stream shows then when I quit the Netflix, I get a no connectivity.

That is exactly what is happening to me. Onc second things are great the next no connectivity with no bars showing.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Ill try sending them a tweet as well. if i can get connected. :/

I had to send it from my PC since Twitter wouldnt load on my phone :(

What kills me is that I had AWESOME LTE coverage in Boston before this.

alex2364

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm still not sure why you all called this a bug anyway. I don't think that word means what you think it does....
Then please explain to me what you would call something that doesn't do what it used to (should) do after a software update because clearly you have more knowledge than any of us. And I'm still calling it a bug because if I want my volume at 30 when I turn off the phone, I expect it at 30 when I turn it back on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre