AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

Kenny Chan

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious, has either Nokia/MS acknowledged the problem and said anything on either an ETA for a fix or a firmware rollback? I feel like we are yelling at a wall here. I too am in desperate need of an operational phone as I do a lot of work on this thing.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious, has either Nokia/MS acknowledged the problem and said anything on either an ETA for a fix or a firmware rollback? I feel like we are yelling at a wall here. I too am in desperate need of an operational phone as I do a lot of work on this thing.

I don't know for sure, but I feel the same way. I sent an email to Nokia Resolutions a few minutes ago and I will update with whatever they say. I will say it again, (as I walk up to the dead horse) I am quite suprised that this has not made the News section of this site. If I recall, things like this normally show up there. Not sure why it is not being discussed or mentioned this time.

I can now add missed calls to the list. Just had a voice mail but no call came through.

Last edited:

Timbo512

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
1:58 PM (2 hours ago
to stephen.elop

Mr. Elop

I am deeply disappointed in the 1308 Update for the Nokia 920 and the lack of Nokia support regarding the Cellular issues. Nokia and AT&T have not taken responsibility for this abomination of a release. What use is a phone if you cannot connect to your cellular service? As an IT Manager, I found it amazing that an issue this bad was not discovered in testing. Every updated firmware release for the 920 has been plagued with issues. I found it hard to recommend this phone to anyone based on these issues.

I love my WP8 phone over my older iPhones but at least I could send and receive calls with that product. The Nokia response for support has been to reset the phone but that doesn't replace the firmware versions. The only recourse is to flash the phone with the Portico release, which is time consuming and unacceptable. We should have never reached this level if Nokia and AT&T had properly tested this release.

Thank you for your time and attention. I find it refreshing that you, many times, take a personal interest in matters such as this. Nokia and WP8 are gaining market share, but right now your company and its flagship phone are useless as long as the LTE issue exist.

stephen.elop
4:07 PM (44 minutes ago

to me

Sorry for the problems ? we are looking at this deeply.

Regards,

Stephen

Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 11:59
To: Elop Stephen (Nokia/Espoo)
Subject: 1308 Issues on AT&

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why, but the BEST customer service people seem to be on the Twitter response teams. Even AT&T has competent, nice people on Twitter. It's my go-to when I have a problem. It's also a great search for stuff happening in real time. Just some food for thought. I know Twitter gets a bad rap because of all the celeb followers. :)

The cynic in me thinks that that's because it is public and everyone can read it.

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So, if I read things right, there is STILL no patch or fix to resolve the 1308 firmware update issues myself and tons of others have been reporting since last week? Just to provide a quick update on my challenges. I tried to get the issue with my phone resolved by going to a device support center last weekend, no luck with that. Next I waited till this past Monday to get Nokia on the phone and with that came another problem, they advised me to do a reset of the phone, this didn't do anything but cause the device to 'hang' in the reset mode indefinitely, it is still in reset mode a full 24 hours later. When nokia and the AT&T rep on the phone with me got tired of waiting on the reset to complete, we spent around 20 mins waiting. They initiated an order for a replacement device. It went out yesterday and I have it now. I still got a notification to update my phone but have chosen to not do so given the problems I had all weekend with my prior Lumia 920. This is my 3rd Lumia 920.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
So, if I read things right, there is STILL no patch or fix to resolve the 1308 firmware update issues myself and tons of others have been reporting since last week? Just to provide a quick update on my challenges. I tried to get the issue with my phone resolved by going to a device support center last weekend, no luck with that. Next I waited till this past Monday to get Nokia on the phone and with that came another problem, they advised me to do a reset of the phone, this didn't do anything but cause the device to 'hang' in the reset mode indefinitely, it is still in reset mode a full 24 hours later. When nokia and the AT&T rep on the phone with me got tired of waiting on the reset to complete, we spent around 20 mins waiting. They initiated an order for a replacement device. It went out yesterday and I have it now. I still got a notification to update my phone but have chosen to not do so given the problems I had all weekend with my prior Lumia 920. This is my 3rd Lumia 920.

Yes. You are reading it right. No fix. I am starting to feel trapped being under this rug.

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I will be avoiding the update then, like the plague. I still have no LTE at all according the the display. I am dissapointed at how long it has taken to identify and push a fix with this update but I'm no developer for nokia/MS at the same time.

OhNokiaDidnt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Same issues here.. AT&T in Minneapolis, MN. - At work and home, I never had less than 3 bars on LTE. Now, I have 1-2 or NO SERVICE AT ALL. Cannot download, stream, or do anything unless I have WIFI, and even then I have problems. Only good thing is that I won't hit my data cap this month :)

I spent an hour with customer support for Nokia. They didn't acknowledge that it is a global issue, or a problem they are aware of. He wants me to reformat my device, I refused. I said that nothing was wrong until I installed 1308. He said that I needed to send my phone in. I said no, and kindly suggested that he inform their engineers, as this is a HUGE problem. He said he would "absolutely do that." Maybe I should tweet nokia.

Voice search has not worked once, since the update.
Pandora hasn't worked once, since the update
I get the seaching ....... for no less than 30 seconds every time I use the web or Bing.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap i haven't checked this thread in forever. Thank god my phone updated and has not had a single issue before or after. Am I the only one that made it out the other side alive?

I'm good and since I got rid of the battery apps I've tried and my battery life has seemed to return to normal

Last edited:

sparkedfire

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I can tell you that Nokia seems eager to figure out what is going on based on my conversations with them. Hopefully they will get this resolved soon for everyone but I don't think we can expect an overnight fix. Personally I think the issue lies with a subset of devices rather than all.

Luke Kailburn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Holy crap i haven't checked this thread in forever. Thank god my phone updated and has not had a single issue before or after. Am I the only one that made it out the other side alive?

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

nope...got my phone today and immediately upgraded and she's running strong. Love love love this phone. Finally saying goodbye to Android after many years. Too many stutters and unexplained shutdowns/blackscreens etc

bigpulve

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm issue free on 1308.

I'm not sure if this was reported, but looks like screen timeouts has been extended to 15, 30 minutes and always on. I never saw it past 5 minutes pre1308.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you that Nokia seems eager to figure out what is going on based on my conversations with them. Hopefully they will get this resolved soon for everyone but I don't think we can expect an overnight fix. Personally I think the issue lies with a subset of devices rather than all.
I'm wondering if an app is interfering. They should make an app inventory and incident logging tool for troubleshooting issues like this.

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Just for "fun", tried to do a full reset of the phone, using the "reset" menu in "about" section of the "settings"... The phone got stuck in reboot "loop", with animated "gears" spinning on display. Tried to do "soft reset" - didn't help... Oh well, back to AT&T store it will go. Hopefully the replacement will last longer and will have this buggy firmware properly pre-installed (if it will have previous firmware - I will not try to update).

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If you have the time, draining the battery to the point it won't even show the battery icon has worked for me regarding being stuck on the spinning gears. Which happens every time I reset my phone

fengy818

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
No "Storage Check" in settings menu on my 920 after update to 1310.0001 by Nokia Care Suite

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130402_0002.png
    wp_ss_20130402_0002.png
    146 KB · Views: 5
  • wp_ss_20130403_0007.png
    wp_ss_20130403_0007.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members