AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

mxyztplk

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Squatting Hen. I was not aware that users of the WP Central App could not click on links. In that event, I shall also post the twitter exchange that I recently spotted as being linked from the windowsphonefanatics.com article:

Mike Macias ‏@mikemacias 18h
@NokiaCareUS having some network connectivity issues with my 920 after latest firmware update.
Any fixes coming?

Nokia Care US Nokia Care US ‏@NokiaCareUS 11h
@mikemacias Have you tried rebooting by pressing and holding the power and vol. down key for 10 seconds? ^RT

Mike Macias Mike Macias ‏@mikemacias 6h
@NokiaCareUS yep I've done that and still get connectivity issues in some areas, but not all.
I feel like I'm on T-Mobile, not @ATT

Nokia Care US Nokia Care US ‏@NokiaCareUS
@mikemacias We're aware & update has been temporarily paused.
New update will be available in the near future. We'll keep you posted. ^RS
10:43 AM - 4 Apr 13

@NokiaCareUS thanks 4 the info. can u follow so i can dm

Lindsay ‏@nokialindsay 6h
@mikemacias Hey Mike, recommend either tweeting us or you can email us (you have our email, right)?

@nokialindsay thanks! Just emailed you guys

https://twitter.com/NokiaCareUS/status/319867716469137409

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Mxyztplk, WPC app allows us to click on links. Squatting Hen must not know how to use the app fully.

EDIT (pic proof)
http://i.imgur.com/enK8vaF.jpg

Ah, you can't click on the link, but under the poster profile picture on that post there is a links button.

Thanks for helping me understand the app fully.

I still think it is better to post updates here then to start another thread, but maybe that is just me...

Thanks for the updates!

Last edited:

fancy0479

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Has 1308 solved or improved the Auto White-Balance Inaccuracy?

Mine's 1249.

I've noticed(not experienced if you know what I mean) Auto White-Balance Inaccuracy from time to time, and recently two easily recoginized instances.
So I want to know from 1308 users, has this issue been solved or improved in anyway?

Note:
By Auto White-Balance Inaccuracy, I mean what you see is red, yet what you get (with WB set at Auto) is orange (just an example).

TeeManX

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Also, as a side note, if you mention your concern about the phone getting really hot to nokia or ms, they will simply give you the generic "all our phones have been fully tested to comply with industry heat standards, etc....", also known as "you're wrong and our phones are perfect".

YES! CS guy tried that line with me. I stopped him by stating my phone wasn't just warming up, it was BURNING UP. I even added that I can probably cook an egg on it if I wanted to. That shut him up for a bit and he proceeded to give me instructions to send my phone back to Nokia. But, unlike someone else in this thread, I was told Nokia does NOT offer loaner phones (and he obviously doesn't know AT&T, even suggesting I ask them for a loaner - I almost burst out laughing but didn't). I'm hesitant to send in my phone for what seems to be an issue they most likely will not fix, and I'll be out a phone for nearly a month.

Maybe I'll try rolling back the firmware. Now, to start digging. Pity, really. I was really enjoying my phone, despite the quirks and the way Microsoft has been handing the OS, and this has completely ruined the experience for me. I even managed to convince others to give Nokia WP8 phones a shot... now I'll have to tell them to hold on and maybe not buy into Nokia so quickly.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the issue of it telling me I am in LTE, but I had really spotty/slow network. I downloaded the Access point and set mine to AT&T LTE 1 and it seems to be A LOT better. I was ready to flash back to the previous version, but I'll see if my phone still behaves. Tested Text messages, seems to be working fine...

I live in Minneapolis

THIS ONE ! ... did you guys try other LTE setting through "Access Point" ? ... I have a similar case here in europe, only other setting one of Access point works well here ...

SCollinsworth

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Check out the sticky in the 920 forum for fixing bricked 920's. You can use the instructions in there to go back to to the previous firmware (1249). I did it Monday and now my connectivity is great again. It requires you to erase your entire phone so back up everything before you try it. It is a little complex but the instructions are great.

Followed the instructions given and after flashing and restoring I am back in business. Now with the same 3 bars and LTE I am seeing around 3.5 Mbsp down and .5 Mbps up where I wasn't getting any connectivity at all on 1308. I'll update on the battery life after a couple of days testing that, but so far glad to have a functioning phone in the office again. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

JamesF25

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to give AT&T the benefit of the doubt. They said someone would contact me by today to resolve the issue. I am getting tired of carrying around my expensive paper weight. If I don't hear anything by this evening then I'm going to flash back to the previous update. I understand that backups make the process less painful. Is the live tile setup the only thing that I will have to manually redo?

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to give AT&T the benefit of the doubt. They said someone would contact me by today to resolve the issue. I am getting tired of carrying around my expensive paper weight. If I don't hear anything by this evening then I'm going to flash back to the previous update. I understand that backups make the process less painful. Is the live tile setup the only thing that I will have to manually redo?

You'll lose game progress and saves. If you care about that.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed issues with downloading music from the marketplace? I hard reset my device the day before the update appeared on the servers and downloaded all my music that day just fine. But since the update, all the music I've try to download has just been sitting in the marketplace, "pending". I can stream with slacker/pandora and app downloads go just fine when the connectivity isn't being dumb. I've tried restting the phone and everything, they just sit there and I can stream music from XBox just fine, just not download.

Edit: Of course, as soon as I post this, the music starts downloading... It's been sitting there for days!

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Live tile setup and you may have to download some apps/updates manually - the WP8 is supposed to redownload them automatically but sometimes this process gets "stuck" until you manually cancel the downloads. Some apps may require settings adjustment, etc. Nothing really "bad" but the whole process is somewhat annoying.

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
My data cuts out often so I'm guessing I have this update. How do I check? I just got this phone used a couple days ago.

Go to "Settings", then "About", then look for "firmware revision number". If the number has "1308" in it - it's probably affecting your data stability.

Orange_Tang

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I think the reason for that is due to the lack of network connection. When a live tile cannot update it will continue to try and update, therefore draining more battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720