AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

cbrines

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I dont seem to have Access Points in my setting menu but definitely have the issue. Is it in the primary setting menu or in a sub menu?

I decided to be "that" guy and email Stephen Elop. He (or someone that works for him) replied quickly and said he will have someone look into the issue.

I hate being a pain but having no connectivity (outside of wifi) is driving me insane.

No sub-menu, it'll be at the bottom of your settings menu, just above 'feedback to Nokia'

2j4rc7k.jpg

2v2eiyd.jpg

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Good to see more people hitting @NokiaCareUS about the LTE issue. My guess is, if you have 'Access Points' in your settings menu since the 1308 update, you're having data issues with LTE. Nokia seems really puzzled as how and why that menu showed up in my settings. I don't think this is gonna be a quick fix.

It's funny you say that because I was going to ask the people with problems about that specifically.

For example, I don't have data issues and I already upgraded to the latest firmware but I installed 'access point' before updating (a few days before actually). I installed it for no reason other than I saw it in an article even though it said it would be useless for AT&T customers.

(Also, all three entries in my access point view are listed as inactive).

cbrines

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It's funny you say that because I was going to ask the people with problems about that specifically.

For example, I don't have data issues and I already upgraded to the latest firmware but I installed 'access point' before updating (a few days before actually). I installed it for no reason other than I saw it in an article even though it said it would be useless for AT&T customers.

I never installed it and it magically appeared after the update.

EDIT: Actually, I did install it prior to the update...... Hmmm

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure Access Point is the culprit. Nimdock does not have issues and he has it installed. I don?t have it on my phone, but I do have connection issues. Albeit, it has been better today?

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
lol, point taken. I now distinctly remember that Access Point had no active apn's after the 1308 update and I selected one. I wonder if that may be the issue.

I had the issue and no apn's were selected. I hit one and activated it, but nothing is different.

m0unds

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure Access Point is the culprit. Nimdock does not have issues and he has it installed. I don’t have it on my phone, but I do have connection issues. Albeit, it has been better today…
]

i agree. i don't have it, and i'm having terrible connectivity issues with no improvement today over yesterday.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
lol, point taken. I now distinctly remember that Access Point had no active apn's after the 1308 update and I selected one. I wonder if that may be the issue.

No, I mentioned in an edit that the three entries in mine are listed as inactive. I left them like that because I thought I might screw something up.

Jeff Cofield

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm the guy that started the original thread (when it was it's own thread), and I don't have the "Access Point" item installed either.

Sorry, but that's not the problem. Hopefully, Mr. Elop will be able to get something rolling on this.

]

i agree. i don't have it, and i'm having terrible connectivity issues with no improvement today over yesterday.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Well so far I'm quite pleased with this update. Fixed the brightness issue and I haven't had a single random lockup since installing!

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Well...my phone thinks I am in New York again. Here is my speed test results. I am actually in Seattle.

Test Date: 3/29/2013 1:36:09 PM
Connection Type: Wi-Fi
Server: New York City, NY
Download: 0.00 Mbps
Upload: 0.41 Mbps
Ping: 169 ms

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss