AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

Norm Dill

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with limited to no connectivity on cellular data. It happened on 2 - 920s that had the 1308 update. I had to take my first 920 into ATT for replacement due to my camera flash not working. The replacement unit had already been updated to 1308 by ATT and I was hoping the issue was tied to the old 920. Sadly, the issue exists on my new 920.

wp_ss_20130402_0001.jpg

sparkedfire

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
went to a mall today. signal was somewhat below average to weak, 3-1 bars. phone switched to 4G instead of LTE for some reason ands stayed that way the entire time until I restart and then it switches back to LTE. is this related to 1308?

The 1308 update seems to delay the phone reconnecting to LTE. See my notes below:

Observed:
1. Web pages, apps or anything using data fails to connect even though the phone indicates it is connected to LTE. (See image 1 & 2) This occurs at random and can occur for 5-10 minutes at a time.
2. Phone randomly looses LTE connection and take about 30 seconds before reconnecting. (See image 3 then 4)
3. Signal has a long delay before connecting to the LTE network when leaving a HSPA+ coverage area. You can drive into the LTE area and the phone refuses to connect to LTE for up to 10 minutes. The phone often looses signal before switching to LTE.
4. Phone looses signal completely for about 30 seconds when leaving the LTE coverage area and into the HSPA+ coverage area. (Image 3)
5. While connected to WiFi, the data connection works fine.

1.png img 1 2.png img 2 3.jpg img 3 4.jpg img 4

Norm Dill

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
After leaving my 920 sitting for a few minutes the connection settled on 4g and I have a data connection again. I can surf and perform other data required tasks. It seems to be an issue when trying to connect to LTE or when connected to LTE.

4g.jpg

(Update) Having not moved my phone, it went from 4g back to LTE and no connection again.

Last edited:

Mike48236

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Sent Nokia Care on Twitter a screenshot and described the issue. They requested I email my IMEI and a more detailed description of the issue.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
So if I don't have twitter, what is the best method for me to take to let Nokia know about the issue? I really don't want to spend an hour on the phone trying to explain it to someone...

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
So if I don't have twitter, what is the best method for me to take to let Nokia know about the issue? I really don't want to spend an hour on the phone trying to explain it to someone...
you don't want to call?
You ddon'twant to take 2 minutes to set up a Twitter acct?
How badly do you want to report it? I guess you could go to Nokia.com and use the chat feature, but you're still going to have to explain it to someone.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
you don't want to call?
You ddon'twant to take 2 minutes to set up a Twitter acct?

How badly do you want to report it? I guess you could go to Nokia.com and use the chat feature, but you're still going to have to explain it to someone.

No, I do not want a Twitter account. I don't mind calling, but I don't want to spend an hour trying to explain the situation to someone who may not understand what I am talking about, only to be transfered to someone else and do the entire thing all over again. Nokia is aware of it.

I asked because I thought I would do the same as others on here so the issue is reported to the same department/location and maybe even the same people. I have emailed them before, so I guess I will just go that route.

MarkyBeee

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
So, I updated to 1308 from Portico because of the auto brightness issue. Phone worked solid for about a day, now I have no Data service, and a phone service that is cutting in and out. I know it is not AT&T, my iPhone 4S that i also use, as well as my brother's 3GS are not giving any issues.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
So, I updated to 1308 from Portico because of the auto brightness issue. Phone worked solid for about a day, now I have no Data service, and a phone service that is cutting in and out. I know it is not AT&T, my iPhone 4S that i also use, as well as my brother's 3GS are not giving any issues.

Welcome to the 1308 update. Have a seat. There are doughnuts over there and the coffee is fresh.

MarkyBeee

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
lol yeah totally joining the club. I see we meet here daily haha. Had the phone since day one, and its just been nothing but problems.

MarkyBeee

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
^^ For the most part, Portico worked semi-flawlessly. Never had freezing or sudden reboots. The auto-brightness was annoying. In hind-sight, I rather have a wonky screen brightness than no data service lol. Im on my phone constantly for work so this is not too good.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Seriously wtf is wrong with this phone now. Now I have full lte and have issues sending any data. People tell me I found like I'm underwater or they cant hear me when I speak.

Jeff Cofield

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I have very mixed feeling about the device. I had problems with the auto-adjust brightness and X-Box Music is a disaster, but my battery life has been ok, and up until this update, my connectivity was solid, so I was willing to overlook the former in light of the latter. However, I'm just starting to lose patience with it...and if they can't get it worked out, I will jump ship back to Android until they do get it worked out.

What's really sad is that I was the lone voice and champion for the OS in a group of people that were very much pro-Apple and pro-Android around my office. I still believe there is tremendous potential, but they seriously need to get with it on these things. I don't blame MS or Nokia, as they are definitely the underdog in the mobile device wars, but this is not how you gain market share and come back into the game.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I won't post anymore pictures after this one. I think we all get the idea. Again, it shows LTE connection so it might appear that all is okay, but it is not.

wp_ss_20130402_0006.jpg

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
No, I do not want a Twitter account. I don't mind calling, but I don't want to spend an hour trying to explain the situation to someone who may not understand what I am talking about, only to be transfered to someone else and do the entire thing all over again. Nokia is aware of it.

I asked because I thought I would do the same as others on here so the issue is reported to the same department/location and maybe even the same people. I have emailed them before, so I guess I will just go that route.
I don't know why, but the BEST customer service people seem to be on the Twitter response teams. Even AT&T has competent, nice people on Twitter. It's my go-to when I have a problem. It's also a great search for stuff happening in real time. Just some food for thought. I know Twitter gets a bad rap because of all the celeb followers. :)

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have full bars lte and can barely do anything. People say they can't hear me and sometimes I can have full bars dialing a number then as I'm on the phone it says no service but I'm speaking to the person ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234