AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

Mrkclack

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 SW Update 1232.5957.1308.0001 NOW Available

I have Nokia Lumia 920 on EE and had the 1308 update today ( UK ). I was experiencing the black screen during calls and this update fixed the issue!! FANTASTIC!

Timbo512

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

Since this 1308 problem seems to be hit or miss, maybe its related to color variant. Strange maybe, but I know other people have fixed problems with firmware releases by choosing a different color variant in NaviFirm.

I have issues with 4G LTE connectivity and I have a Red variant on AT&T.

Elmira88

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Severe connectivity problem after the last update!
It's like I cannot do anything with my phone anymore.
Hope they'll fix it soon enough.

TheSuperject

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

Since this 1308 problem seems to be hit or miss, maybe its related to color variant. Strange maybe, but I know other people have fixed problems with firmware releases by choosing a different color variant in NaviFirm.

You never really know with these things, but if that is the case, I have connectivity issues with the Black variant on AT&T

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if an app is interfering. They should make an app inventory and incident logging tool for troubleshooting issues like this.

The great part about windows phone is that third party apps CAN'T run in the background, so this is pretty much unnecessary. They are essentially suspended when not active.

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Mine is red and I haven't had any issues. Perhaps it's an ATT issue that just happened to come at the same time. But then perhaps the update affected the radio and that in combination with some local network structure resulted in the issues some folks are having.

tucker7984

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I found this thread while googling the no connection problem. I guess you can add me to the list of people who updated and completely messed up my connectivity. Phone is just all over the place, full signal, some signal, no signal, all while remaining perfectly still at my desk. Furthermore, the reality is I have no connection, no matter what the phone shows, as no calls or texts come through, and data doesn't work. tested it out with friends phones...

so this is quite a serious problem... obviously the ability for my phone to be used as a phone, and for texts/emails is far more important to me than apps/etc... actually, this phone is officially a brick while sitting on my desk at the moment, given that it has no ability to do anything other than look at the screen.

so where do we go from here? Any advice from the rest of you? Do I contact AT&T or Nokia, and how do I contact them? Is there an email address? I don't use twitter... Have they officially acknowledged this issue, made any promises about fixing?

Finally... is there a way (link) to roll back my update to the prior firmware (yes im willing to do a hard reset). Appreciate any help!

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I found this thread while googling the no connection problem. I guess you can add me to the list of people who updated and completely messed up my connectivity. Phone is just all over the place, full signal, some signal, no signal, all while remaining perfectly still at my desk. Furthermore, the reality is I have no connection, no matter what the phone shows, as no calls or texts come through, and data doesn't work. tested it out with friends phones...

so this is quite a serious problem... obviously the ability for my phone to be used as a phone, and for texts/emails is far more important to me than apps/etc... actually, this phone is officially a brick while sitting on my desk at the moment, given that it has no ability to do anything other than look at the screen.

so where do we go from here? Any advice from the rest of you? Do I contact AT&T or Nokia, and how do I contact them? Is there an email address? I don't use twitter... Have they officially acknowledged this issue, made any promises about fixing?

Finally... is there a way (link) to roll back my update to the prior firmware (yes im willing to do a hard reset). Appreciate any help!

Ahhh...Welcome.

You can flash back to the old firmware using the details from this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...after-reset-flash-process-defined-inside.html

For some reason this issue is not being "discussed" like most issues have in the past. AT&T and Nokia should both be aware of it, as this isssue is being discussed in this thread, a few other threads on WP Central and also on other sites. The issue is real, and started with the 1308 update.

JamesF25

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Add me to the list as well. I have spoken with both AT&T/Nokia on the phone. Neither of the service representatives acknowledged that this was a widespread issue. Both representatives took me through the normal troubleshooting steps and concluded that my issue needed to be escalated to a higher tier of support. Both companies took my contact info and told me that a service technician would contact me soon. Actually, the AT&T rep told me that someone would contact me sometime before April 5th.

My phone is basically useless while at work. I get two bars of LTE now but no data connection with it. I miss phone calls, texts, and cannot browse the Internet while connected to LTE. I do get a very slow connection once it switches to 4G only but I have no way of forcing it into 4G.

I guess I could flash it back to the previous firmware but don't think that I should have to.

Have a CYAN 920 by the way.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Im in bay area california. Normally i get two bars max on LTE at work, then it would flip flop to 4g with no disruption in data connection. After update, it goes from LTE, no signal, to 4g, then back and forth over and over again. I think its draining my battery.

All of this after the update, didn't have this problem prior. In vegas, i'd have 4 or 5 lte bars, no data connection, weird.

cbrines

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Just talked with Nokia Care US and they are still diagnosing my phone. The rep said they'd let me know when they get to the root of the issue. I'll update you guys if/when I hear anything.

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Same issues here.. AT&T in Minneapolis, MN. - At work and home, I never had less than 3 bars on LTE. Now, I have 1-2 or NO SERVICE AT ALL. Cannot download, stream, or do anything unless I have WIFI, and even then I have problems. Only good thing is that I won't hit my data cap this month :)

I spent an hour with customer support for Nokia. They didn't acknowledge that it is a global issue, or a problem they are aware of. He wants me to reformat my device, I refused. I said that nothing was wrong until I installed 1308. He said that I needed to send my phone in. I said no, and kindly suggested that he inform their engineers, as this is a HUGE problem. He said he would "absolutely do that." Maybe I should tweet nokia.

Voice search has not worked once, since the update.
Pandora hasn't worked once, since the update
I get the seaching ....... for no less than 30 seconds every time I use the web or Bing.

You saved yourself the pain of having to get a new device and redoing all the setups my friend. I should have refused that as well and would not have had to get a new Lumia 920. My LTE is working on this device as one would expect but I keep getting the prompts for updating the phone and I keep postponing.

hudsonvalley

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Let me join the club...
Severe connectivity issues after 1308 update on 4G/LTE, 2 black NL920, NYC.
Att is sending new sim card which supposedly should fix the problem.

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Let me join the club...
Severe connectivity issues after 1308 update on 4G/LTE, 2 black NL920, NYC.
Att is sending new sim card which supposedly should fix the problem.

Unfortunately, I went to the device support store in Harlem (125th and Lenox) this past Saturday 3/30 -not sure where in NYC you are so there may be another closer to you actually. The rep swapped out my sim for a new one and while the phone seemed to be issue free in the store, once I returned to where i live in Washington Heights -NYC, I had the same old problems, data connectivity. For my case, the SiM change was pretty much ineffective in resolving the issue which brought me there to begin with. Another thing I would suggest is to stay away from doing a reset, when I did this on Monday at the suggestion of AT&T customer care, my lumia 920 never came out of the reset mode. So during that call, it was then decided to have a new device sent to me. It went out on Monday, 4/1 and was at my apartment on 4/2. No issues given I did NOT install 1308 firmware update on the new device. I started with and continue to have the Lumia 920 in red. This is my 3rd Lumia 920 device btw, but the latest issue is not the cause of why I have had 3 different phones so far.

Good luck though, maybe the sim change will work for you

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Im tired of this. According to the phone right now I have full bars and lte but can't do anything. Im putting the Lumia 920 in the kitchen junk draw and im going to start using my galaxy s3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte