AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Also patched with 1314 - basically no improvement, LTE still eats up battery just as bad as 1308... Also pretty disappointed - this is already a replacement phone and still bad battery life...

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't think 1314 had any battery improvements. IMHO the battery issue is a combination of hardware and software problems, WP8 most notably. Seems to me WP8 just cant sync up with the battery and charge it appropriately, or provide an accurate battery level reading. Try charging the phone to 100% than soft reset it. The battery will likely drop a good 10 to 20%. After resetting charge the phone again, the battery normally lasts longer after this.

So far my LTE speeds are back to pre-1308 speeds.

Tigersoul

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
41.12 Mbps here in NY. :) Bluetooth also working fine (though it did with 1308 for me, too). Tethering has drastically improved, though I did have it drop once needing an on/off toggle.

Jeff Cofield

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
So, as an update to my earlier post: Battery life seems to be a lot better over the 1308 update...which I think is likely attributed to the fixed radio. Having some weird stuff with my music (some stuff plays, some stuff doesn't)...not sure if it's a bluetooth thing or just the crappy music implementation on WP8. The same music plays fine on my RAZR MAXX and my desktop, so don't even try to convince me it's anything other the complete disaster that is XBox Music syncing.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Nokia getting on these issues, but seriously need MS to step up and get some OS stuff worked out now (you hear me XBox Music team?).

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I installed this update today. I also downloaded the "speedtest.net" app last week. I really do not understand the results. However, I can provide a before and after from this firmware.
On April 7: Download - 40.77 Mbps; Upload - 14.66 Mbps; Ping - 81ms
On April 13: Download - 63.12; Upload - 14.41; Ping - 83

Jacob Weltchek

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Update 1314:

LTE seems faster but the phone still struggles with keeping a signal. This struggling kills the battery and makes the phone really hot! Once the signal is lost a phone restart, or airplane mode on-off is a must to retrieve it.

Marilyn99

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
What does it mean when my firmware says it's version 1232.5962.9200.10211.158? No mention of 1308 OR 1314 there. It updated last week sometime and I do have the Storage Check option.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I am still on 1249. After the 1308 connection issues I fear trying to update again. I work in a weak signal area and 1308 completely killed my connection there. Not sure it is worth the risk as some still seem to be having connection problems. Not sure what to do.

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am still on 1249. After the 1308 connection issues I fear trying to update again. I work in a weak signal area and 1308 completely killed my connection there. Not sure it is worth the risk as some still seem to be having connection problems. Not sure what to do.

I the same. I stayed with 1249. After reading about all the problems with 1308, there was no way I was going to update. There seems to be promise with 1314 thou. I'm still in watch mode.

SZM

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I've downloaded 1308 to my phone but postponed the installation after reading all the horor stories about it. Now my question is how do I remove the downloaded software from my phone without installing it? Everytime I check for software update it only shows me two options: Postpone or Install. My next question is can I skip 1308 or do I have to install it before installing the next stable update release? Appreciate any input on this.

Nokia_Lindsay

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I've downloaded 1308 to my phone but postponed the installation after reading all the horor stories about it. Now my question is how do I remove the downloaded software from my phone without installing it? Everytime I check for software update it only shows me two options: Postpone or Install. My next question is can I skip 1308 or do I have to install it before installing the next stable update release? Appreciate any input on this.

Hi @SZM, If you downloaded 1308 on your phone, you will need to first complete the 1308 software update install before you can update to 1314. 1308 will be completely overwritten by 1314. At the end of both software updates, make sure to confirm you have the latest software version. Go to Settings > About > More Info > Firmware Revision Number should read: 1232.5962.1314.0001. If you have any additional questions, reach out to our Nokia Care team on Twitter, @NokiaCareUS.

Nokia_Lindsay

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Patched yesterday 1314 version, Lumia 920, AT&T network.

In about 4-5 hours, with NFC off, in a 3-4 bar LTE area, my battery went from full to under 20%. I listened to Audible for an hour at lunch, and browsed the internet for ~20 minutes total. It gets super hot in the upper right of the device.

I love the windows phone OS, and I have toughed it out since November, when I got the Lumia, and have had dramatic battery life shifts, tried all the battery life extender tricks, and have gotten battery life to almost a full day only to have it drop back to almost nothing randomly, due to overheating. It is just ridiculous that I have to carry a charger everywhere I go to use my smart phone for fear that using it will drain it to empty within an hour...

My LTE speeds are also between 4M-6M.

I am just horribly disappointed with the hardware.

Hi @Tuscar, can you double-check that you have downloaded and completely installed software version 1232.5962.1314.0001? (Go to Setting > About > More Info > Firmware Revision Number). If you had downloaded but not installed the 1308 software version, when you were notified of a new update, it would have only installed 1308 and not 1314. You will need to go to Settings > Phone Update > Check for Update to install the new software 1314. If you have any additional questions, reach out to our Nokia Care team on Twitter, @NokiaCareUS.

Timbo512

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Since upgrading to 1314, I only get 4G connectivity. I was receiving LTE signal prior to this. 1308 killed all connectivity so I flashed back to the previous firmware revision. Houston is LTE so I am unsure why I cannot get any LTE service at all. Its always stuck on 4G.

dcsvang

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
After updating to 1314, I still have network connectivity issues. I can be at my desk the whole day and I see the connectivity change (LTE, 4G, E, and no network connection). People call and leave voicemails, but I won't see the calls and only get the voicemails. Any suggestions?

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't get a signal at all in my house, but if I step outside I can get a signal. My gf has same phone & same network and has a good 3G signal indoors. She got her phone which already had 1308 on it, mine was an update

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Still receiving half the lte speed I was before and in a side by side comparison with my galaxys3 . By swapping the sim card between the s3 and 920 the 920 literally has anywhere from 10-15mb difference in in LTE speed

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Had major issues with 1308, at work, always switched from lte, 4g and no connection when going back and forth from lte 4g. Never a smooth transition which caused battery drain.

Updated to 1314 and the problem had been resolved over the past week. LTE speeds still same, but no longer having issues with signal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb