Water damaged!

BrimBen

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
My nokia was pretty much full of water. Seemed fine at first and as working, but then turned off. I dried it for a few days and managed to get it working. I had already taken out the sim. The lock, volume and camera buttons all work, but the touch screen is completely broke. There is light at the bottom of the screen and you can still see a little water in there through the screen. The home, back and search buttons are completely gone too. All that i can do is turn the screen on and turn it on/off. Any suggestions on what i should do? I understand theres not much though. right?

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
My nokia was pretty much full of water. Seemed fine at first and as working, but then turned off. I dried it for a few days and managed to get it working. I had already taken out the sim. The lock, volume and camera buttons all work, but the touch screen is completely broke. There is light at the bottom of the screen and you can still see a little water in there through the screen. The home, back and search buttons are completely gone too. All that i can do is turn the screen on and turn it on/off. Any suggestions on what i should do? I understand theres not much though. right?

Right now, I'll say is too late, theres not much you can do at this stage. Next time, as soon as your device gets in contact with water, 'TURN IT OFF', do not try to see if its still working, chances are that you will complete the damage. Once the device is OFF, using a vacum and the smallest tip you can find try to suck any water trough the speaker holes or headphone jack. after that put it in a zip bag or sealed container full of uncook rice, be sure the phone is complete covered by the rice, The rice will absorb any remaining water from the phone in about 3 to 4 days. After 4 days, turn the phone back on, it should work. I have done this with 4 different phones (daughter and wife), including a brand new iPhone 5 and it worked.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Now u cannot do much :(
The advices with rice r just temporarily for transporting the device, it IS NOT the solution. The only solution is to take it apart, then wipe with isopropil-alcohol, and then put all the parts in an ultrasound tub which will evaporate all the moist. After that, the device is left on a warm and dry place for 2-3 days, and then put all together, and with a little praying it should work.
THERE IS NO OTHER SOLUTION!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett