I am considering getting the unlocked PENTABAND Lumia 920 Phone because I would have a faster T-Mobile connection. Thing is, it is a Rogers / Canada phone. Wondering if (and this might sound crazy) I can live with a phone that is branded etc .. Can anyone here tell me what sort of software is on the phone that I can't or won't want to use? and also, can anyone show me a picture of the Welcome screen? I have been searching google and youtube for either a picture or video and haven't found one.

Diane
    03-28-2013 01:30 PM
    The boot up screen just has the Nokia, Rogers and Windows Phone logos.

Software wise it just has the usual rogers My Account and other things but you can uninstall all of it anyway.

No carrier has any real access to modify the OS

So just go with it.
    03-28-2013 02:32 PM
    You will have Rogers My Account which can be uninstalled. Can't think of anything else branded,Rogers except for the logo during boot up.
    The phone (case) itself does not have anything Rogers on it.
    03-28-2013 02:36 PM
    GREAT .. THANKS .. I am going to go with it then. YAY ..
    03-28-2013 03:20 PM
    Hi

I was wondering if you got your Nokia and give us some feedback.
    Is it working fully with TMobil's fast 3G network (the one that they call 4G)
    Also I heard that its thethering is locked down to Rogers so you can't use it to tether on other networks.

thanks in advance
    06-05-2013 01:24 AM
    @listboss - Yes, you will get 4G on your Rogers Lumia 920 because it has the same AWS 1700 band that T-Mobile uses. Tethering works for some people, at least those who don't use the Access Point app for their APN settings.
    06-05-2013 09:09 AM
    I should have my pentaband 920 sometime this week. I'll try and remember to report back with my experience on T-Mobile HSPA+ and 4G LTE now that LTE is live in Tucson.
    06-05-2013 10:47 AM
    I've had a Rogers 920 for a few weeks now in the DC/Maryland area. Disabled LTE because it seemed to cause reboots but on Tmo's "4G" network its been OK, problem still is Tmo's poor coverage which means in my office or my house I sometimes fall back to EDGE, have no signal at all or sometimes have 1-2 bars. When I get a reasonable signal its OK but still not great. If youre in a good coverage area it might work fine for you.
    06-05-2013 01:03 PM
    I've had a Rogers 920 for a few weeks now in the DC/Maryland area. Disabled LTE because it seemed to cause reboots but on Tmo's "4G" network its been OK, problem still is Tmo's poor coverage which means in my office or my house I sometimes fall back to EDGE, have no signal at all or sometimes have 1-2 bars. When I get a reasonable signal its OK but still not great. If youre in a good coverage area it might work fine for you.
    I am in the DC/MD/NoVA area too and I am facing the same issue, it goes straight from LTE to 4G to Edge as I get indoors, and Edge is totally unusable for data(voice works). Is that something to do with the lack of frequency bands or is there some way to enable 3G? It's just weird to go from getting 29mbps on LTE outdoors to zero data indoors in half a mile.

Edit: Mine is an unlocked AT&T 920, not Rogers.
    06-05-2013 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD