So like many other Lumia 920 users, I had that annoying bug of Windows Store not checking for updates at all and it looks like I found a "Temp Solution" for this.

I noticed that my Store stopped checking for updates after a random freeze, of which I had to make a soft reset by pressing all three buttons at the same time Vol. Down+Lock+Camera. After a couple of weeks of no updates at all, I decided to do another soft reset for no reason, trying to bring Store back to normal. I used to get my updates around 9:30pm, so I did a soft reset in the morning and by the night of the same day, my Store displayed notification(!) for all the App updates i didn't did manually!

That lasted for some weeks, until it randomly stopped again three days ago. I did a soft reset again for no reason, the phone restarted and so far the updates are working again. However now, I am getting the updates early in the morning instead of the ~9:30pm schedule I used to have. Strange

So there you have it guys a soft reset, is fixing, at least temporary the problem, for me.

I am on unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 in the US and still in Portico. I am hoping that maybe Nokia has address this annoying bug in the newly released firmware update and I really hope Windows Blue will add manually check for updates option, besides auto updates that is almost confirmed.

Let me know how if this is working for you
    03-29-2013 11:29 AM
    I always let my phone on every night with WiFi always on. It solves the store update problem to me
    03-29-2013 11:33 AM
    I always let my phone on every night with WiFi always on. It solves the store update problem to me
    If you are getting notification updates from Store over WiFi then I doubt you are affected from the bug.
    03-29-2013 12:29 PM
    I'll have to give this a try. It worked when I first got the phone, but it seems after a hard reset, it stopped working. So I'll try this and hope it fixes it, or Nokia makes a fix. I'd prefer not to do another hard reset, but looks like I may have to.
    03-29-2013 01:30 PM
    If you are getting notification updates from Store over WiFi then I doubt you are affected from the bug.
    well it also works on my mum Lumia 920 with 3G connection
    03-29-2013 09:23 PM
    What I did to fix it (after a suspiciously long period of time without updates) was 1. Check on wpcentral.com what apps had been updated recently and 2. Going to three or four of these and forcing the store to check for updates by going in and out and back in to these apps. After that, it went on checking for every other app automatically.
    03-29-2013 10:50 PM
    Knock on wood never have had that issue I get up every morning and check for overnight updates available. Usually there are some waiting. I usually then do the updates.
    03-29-2013 11:22 PM