05-12-2013 07:51 PM
268 ... 891011
tools
    HA! I wish!
    I haven't had speeds above 5 since the update, tested both at York and Front and in Midtown
    Just on a side note.. While standing at the corner of Dundas and Victoria St (for those familiar with downtown Toronto) I ran a speedtest.net test while waiting for the light to change. I noticed I was in one of those rare moments where I was showing full LTE signal. My results came back with a shocking 21mbs/sec download and 10mbs/sec upload. And this is taking into consideration in still having data issues and signal drops.
    05-03-2013 09:16 AM
    HA! I wish!
    I haven't had speeds above 5 since the update, tested both at York and Front and in Midtown
    Well I should mention that since the update my last 5 results came in ranging as low as 4.82mbs/sec to 13mpbs/sec. Today was an obvious exception that made no sense. But it seems to be mostly in the area of 8mps/sec on average.
    05-03-2013 09:23 AM
    just curious, are you guys using "internet sharing" ?
    05-03-2013 12:32 PM
    I'm not
    05-03-2013 02:20 PM
    I haven't been able to get internet sharing going since the update except one time in the last 20 tries or so.
    05-03-2013 02:51 PM
    Well brace yourselves folks. Just got off the phone with a Nokia tech. Took an hour, he ran tests on my phone. So this is what I've been told. The 1308 Rogers firmware update that was pushed to us is not a complete update and there will be a follow on 1314 pushed to us to repair the current issues that are caused by 1308. They obviously have no clue as to the timelines, but "they are working very hard on it". On top of that I spoke to Rogers, those guys are out to lunch, they are checking LTE provisioning, even though I told them its the firmware. So looks like we have no choice but to take this for now.
    Last edited by borasar; 05-03-2013 at 03:58 PM.
    Noob1ee and Lundon44 like this.
    05-03-2013 03:34 PM
    I'm unlocked and running on telus. Sharing only works with the access point app but it works flawlessly. I did have to reapply the telus profile in the app after the 1308 update.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    05-03-2013 03:56 PM
    Well brace yourselves folks. Just got off the phone with a Nokia tech. Took an hour, he ran tests on my phone. So this is what I've been told. The 1308 Rogers firmware update that was pushed to us is not a complete update and there will be a follow on 1314 pushed to us to repair the current issues that are caused by 1308. They obviously have no clue as to the timelines, but "they are working very hard on it". On top of that I spoke to Rogers, those guys are out to lunch, they are checking LTE provisioning, even though I told them its the firmware. So looks like we have no choice but to take this for now.

good news!! Why would they push this out I'd they knew it caused issues with at&t?? Weird.
    05-03-2013 06:00 PM
    Had my fingers crossed for some positive news this Monday morning and was glad to see at least Nokia acknowledging the problem. Also glad that a fix is on the way sometime in the near future. Still very annoyed I missed calls on the daily and have to keep re-sending my texts on occassion too.
    Found another bug this weekend. I'm not one to send a lot of MMS but noticed as well this update has broke my MMS delivery confirmation and acknowledgements. It only confirms for me once every so often. So I never know if people are getting my MMS messages. I pretty much have to send a follow up text to confirm. Hope that gets fixed too.
    05-06-2013 09:51 AM
    I can't download MMS when i received them after the 1308. Not really a big deal for me however, I use whatsapp mostly
    Had my fingers crossed for some positive news this Monday morning and was glad to see at least Nokia acknowledging the problem. Also glad that a fix is on the way sometime in the near future. Still very annoyed I missed calls on the daily and have to keep re-sending my texts on occassion too.
    Found another bug this weekend. I'm not one to send a lot of MMS but noticed as well this update has broke my MMS delivery confirmation and acknowledgements. It only confirms for me once every so often. So I never know if people are getting my MMS messages. I pretty much have to send a follow up text to confirm. Hope that gets fixed too.
    05-06-2013 10:17 AM
    I can't download MMS when i received them after the 1308. Not really a big deal for me however, I use whatsapp mostly
    Same. Just an annoyance really. Another thing to add to the list of things that broke.
    05-06-2013 10:25 AM
    I haven't been able to get internet sharing going since the update except one time in the last 20 tries or so.
    I had the same problems as everyone. After the 1308 update, my internet sharing stopped working and the Access point App was broken. After playing with the phone for an hour, I finally found the solution without having to hard reset my phone.

I DELETED the APN settings AND the MMS settings ( in: settings ----> Celular....) and I turned the phone off and back on again. Then, to my surprise, the access point was working! I was able to choose my carrier which I did.

I then went back to enter the APN and MMS settings manually (again in: settings---->Celular....), I soft-reseted the phone ( Holding volume down and power buttons simultaneously until it vibrates) and went back to activate internet sharing and... VOILA!!! IT WORKED!!!!

And has always worked since!

Try it! It worked for me...
    Last edited by jojapath; 05-08-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    05-06-2013 11:16 AM
    I had the same problems as everyone. After the 1308 update, my internet sharing stopped working and the Access point App was broken. After playing with the phone for an hour, I finally found the solution without having to hard reset my phone.

I DELETED the APN settings AND the MMS settings and I turned the phone off and back on again. Then, to my surprise, the access point was working! I was able to choose my carrier which I did.

I then went back to enter the APN and MMS settings manually, I soft-reseted the phone ( Holding volume down and power buttons simultaneously until it vibrates) and went back to activate internet sharing and... VOILA!!! IT WORKED!!!!

I don't use Internet Sharing however out of boredom I tried your above solution and it did not work for me. Not sure if you're on Rogers but that could be the difference since we don't have APN and MMS settings to delete.
    05-06-2013 01:56 PM
    I don't use Internet Sharing however out of boredom I tried your above solution and it did not work for me. Not sure if you're on Rogers but that could be the difference since we don't have APN and MMS settings to delete.
    I'm not on Rogers but I have an unlocked Rogers L920 ...
    05-06-2013 05:44 PM
    Just checking in to add to the confusion

Locked Rogers 920, no access point app installed, ever.... Just turned on internet sharing and posting this from my PC via my 920. Internet sharing working ok for me.
    05-06-2013 11:16 PM
    Yes I use it for my tablet and when Rogers' internet is down, which happens quite often
    05-07-2013 01:13 AM
    Perhaps the moral of the story is to not install Access Point for those that don't yet have it installed. Interesting though how at first you could install it as an app then it eventually embeds itself into the settings menu permanently. By then it's uninstallable.
    jojapath likes this.
    05-07-2013 09:13 AM
    It's Day 1 of the new FW for me and things are ok so far. Internet sharing works fine. Camera still takes crappy pictures. And Rogers re-installed 13 of their bookmarks back into my IE that I had to delete yet again. Oh, and it reinstalled their stupid One Number "app"...again.

Rogers can die in the ocean but, otherwise, the phone still works like before. So far, so good.
    05-07-2013 04:56 PM
    It's Day 1 of the new FW for me and things are ok so far. Internet sharing works fine. Camera still takes crappy pictures. And Rogers re-installed 13 of their bookmarks back into my IE that I had to delete yet again. Oh, and it reinstalled their stupid One Number "app"...again.

Rogers can die in the ocean but, otherwise, the phone still works like before. So far, so good.
    I safely assume you are not a Rogers client.
    05-07-2013 05:04 PM
    Meh...mines still working fine. I've had one call that didn't complete...but second attempt worked without issues. I've had this with my S3 as well so I'm guessing its not device related. All SMS, communications, data work flawless. Sorry guys still suffering, it doesn't look like everyone. Hopefully 1314 gets released soon.
    05-07-2013 05:28 PM
    I safely assume you are not a Rogers client.
    I sadly am with Rogers. Ironically, I haven't had any issues with their cellular service for the most part. It's just them as a company that sucks.

Here's to hoping they all die in the vacuum of space!
    05-07-2013 05:49 PM

I DELETED the APN settings AND the MMS settings and I turned the phone off and back on again. Then, to my surprise, the access point was working! I was able to choose my carrier which I did.

I then went back to enter the APN and MMS settings manually, I soft-reseted the phone ( Holding volume down and power buttons simultaneously until it vibrates) and went back to activate internet sharing and... VOILA!!! IT WORKED!!!!

This doesn't make any sense. You can't delete the settings and the access point provider setting supplied are uneditable. - they can only be selected.
    Lundon44 likes this.
    05-07-2013 08:49 PM
    This doesn't make any sense. You can't delete the settings and the access point provider setting supplied are uneditable. - they can only be selected.
    the Internet/MMS APN's can only be modified in Carrier section of settings (you're correct, via Access point App you cannot delete). Im assuming he modified the APN settings within carrier section?
    jojapath likes this.
    05-08-2013 03:41 PM
    the Internet/MMS APN's can only be modified in Carrier section of settings (you're correct, via Access point App you cannot delete). Im assuming he modified the APN settings within carrier section?
    That's exactly what I did ... I deleted those first ( in: settings ----> Celular....) and then went in the access point app and I activated my carrier.
    05-08-2013 04:02 PM
    I just got my unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 today and am using it on T-Mobile. Apparently, I got the 1308 firmware update, but I don't see the Storage Check feature available in my settings. Am I alone there?
    05-08-2013 04:20 PM
268 ... 891011