Any Rogers Lumia 920 users got 1308 update?

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Where do you get the Nokia Software Updater for Retail? I am also using Rogers on T-Mobile etc .. My phone didn't get the LAST update. (There was one before 1308.) Wondering if maybe we can't get Rogers updates in the USA or on T-Mobile.

You should get all updates with no problem at all. What update you didn't got? Portico?

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia CA support webpage now listing the 1308 as the latest firmware for the Rogers Lumia 920.
Nokia Lumia 920 Support - Nokia - Canada

I hope this is a sign that the OTA will start rolling out soon. It hasn't appeared to mine yet, using the Rogers Lumia 920 unlocked on T-Mobile USA.

Strange thought they go with 1308, as people did the manually update on the Rogers model are reporting similar to AT&T connectivity and battery problems, which they were fixed with the newer 1314.

Edit:
I just got the update :) ​and suprisely I got a message asking me if I want to update using WiFi or go ahead and use my Cellular Data! This is great!
Updating now...

Edit 2:
Its the 1308. Hopefully we will not suffer the same issues that update caused to the AT&T variants...
So far so good for me. The update took 20+ minutes to complete (without the download which counted ~157MB).

Last edited:

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Downloading the update now!!!! Not sure if it is 1308 or 1314 yet.

edit: 1308. I was able to free up 2GB's of space :)

Last edited:

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I had forced the update a couple weeks ago when it appeared on the servers, but yes have noticed my data dropping more than it used to. so a heads up.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
people that have already updated, please do the rest of us a huge favor and keep us posted on the connectivity issues with 1308. I hope its not the same as AT&T although something tells me it will be.

qwe123878

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just finished the update, freed 3.6 gb. Noticeable change is the vibration feedback when pressing the back, windows, and search keys, can barely feel them now.

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Ya please keep us posted. I have the update ready and waiting but it won't install until I connect to WiFi.....hesitant to connect to WiFi until I know if I'll be installing a headache or not.

yxw4774

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Currently everything is fine with my Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 in the connectivity issue. WiFi, Cullelar, Bluetooth, ALL OK.

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I was able to to the update over Cellular, a pleasant surprise :)

So far I noticed that my Internet Sharing on T-Mobile is fixed.
A Network+ update broke this for me but it is now fixed after the 1308 update, tested and working flawlessly. I updated two other AT&T Lumia 920s to 1314 using my Lumia 920 as a hotspot :)

Overall faster performance. Storage Check is also there, I freed 2.5GB as well.
No connectivity issues so far, but this is something I need more time to test.

Hopefully my periodical random restarts has been fixed as well along with my also periodically broken Store update notifications.

justmoe40

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
freed up 1.8gb. no issues to report yet. problems i had with internet sharing not connecting without changing carrier speed have been fixed. connects to LTE and does it quickly.

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
the update process is taking a while... and the spinning gears without a progress bar after the first reboot didn't help. thought it froze but it did progress to the next reboot after a while. just had to wait.

on mobilicity. will report on data connectivity or any issues after a little while! :cool:

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
All good on my end. After reading the article on the main page I figured we wouldn't have the same issue as att users. Initiated the install when I got home and walked away to let it do its thing. Anyhow, all is well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077