Any Rogers Lumia 920 users got 1308 update?

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
i doubt its weatherflow, I use it and have no issues with it whatsoever, but with so many "special cases" happening with L920s you never know.

Account Sync:
Hotmail - Once a day (since manual isnt an option)
Yahoo - Manual

Xbox = Had it disabled for 2 days, i didnt notice a difference but maybe ill turn it back off to test.

Background Tasks:
Weatherflow - Every 3 hours for 3 cities
Battery - Enabled
**Nokia and everything else is off

I mean, i cant see Weatherflow killing my battery for a 3 hour sync time frame. What i do find weird is although Words with Friends i turned off all notifications, i still get them. WTF? lol

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I find things will never work perfectly 100% of the time all the time. And if they do it's only a matter of time before one little irritating bug comes along to annoy us. Right now (besides the 1308 issues) mine is that my avatar's clothing has corrupted on a few outifts and doesn't display on my 920. Is it annoying? Definitely. Only because I'm a perfectionist with everything and always expect things to work perfectly so when they don't and there's no reason for it.. I get annoyed. However, is that issue worth a hard reset to fix? Not in my books. I'm really just crossing my fingers that the next firmware update will overwrite any and all glitches and work itself out naturally.

But glad to hear you got the update issues resolved too. Now let's get this connectivity thing sorted out already!!

as I've stated, for your sake I really hope the connectivity issues get resolved sooner than later. That is definitely much worse than your avatar sync issues or my battery (I can get through a day at least).

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Chezm, i was just thinking, not sure if the battery app is still free, if it is, try uninstalling it and check what happens. I used to have it and had some weird drains, uninstalled it and it worked fine after that, that was a few months ago, could have been updated since

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Chezm, i was just thinking, not sure if the battery app is still free, if it is, try uninstalling it and check what happens. I used to have it and had some weird drains, uninstalled it and it worked fine after that, that was a few months ago, could have been updated since

I tried it a while ago and didn't notice a difference...but that was prior to the hard resets. I'll give it another shot. Thanks :)

for the record, I gotta say aside from the minor issues...i absolutely love this phone.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Just on a side note.. While standing at the corner of Dundas and Victoria St (for those familiar with downtown Toronto) I ran a speedtest.net test while waiting for the light to change. I noticed I was in one of those rare moments where I was showing full LTE signal. My results came back with a shocking 21mbs/sec download and 10mbs/sec upload. And this is taking into consideration in still having data issues and signal drops.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
HA! I wish!
I haven't had speeds above 5 since the update, tested both at York and Front and in Midtown
Just on a side note.. While standing at the corner of Dundas and Victoria St (for those familiar with downtown Toronto) I ran a speedtest.net test while waiting for the light to change. I noticed I was in one of those rare moments where I was showing full LTE signal. My results came back with a shocking 21mbs/sec download and 10mbs/sec upload. And this is taking into consideration in still having data issues and signal drops.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
HA! I wish!
I haven't had speeds above 5 since the update, tested both at York and Front and in Midtown

Well I should mention that since the update my last 5 results came in ranging as low as 4.82mbs/sec to 13mpbs/sec. Today was an obvious exception that made no sense. But it seems to be mostly in the area of 8mps/sec on average.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Well brace yourselves folks. Just got off the phone with a Nokia tech. Took an hour, he ran tests on my phone. So this is what I've been told. The 1308 Rogers firmware update that was pushed to us is not a complete update and there will be a follow on 1314 pushed to us to repair the current issues that are caused by 1308. They obviously have no clue as to the timelines, but "they are working very hard on it". On top of that I spoke to Rogers, those guys are out to lunch, they are checking LTE provisioning, even though I told them its the firmware. So looks like we have no choice but to take this for now.

Last edited:

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm unlocked and running on telus. Sharing only works with the access point app but it works flawlessly. I did have to reapply the telus profile in the app after the 1308 update.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Well brace yourselves folks. Just got off the phone with a Nokia tech. Took an hour, he ran tests on my phone. So this is what I've been told. The 1308 Rogers firmware update that was pushed to us is not a complete update and there will be a follow on 1314 pushed to us to repair the current issues that are caused by 1308. They obviously have no clue as to the timelines, but "they are working very hard on it". On top of that I spoke to Rogers, those guys are out to lunch, they are checking LTE provisioning, even though I told them its the firmware. So looks like we have no choice but to take this for now.

good news!! Why would they push this out I'd they knew it caused issues with at&t?? Weird.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Had my fingers crossed for some positive news this Monday morning and was glad to see at least Nokia acknowledging the problem. Also glad that a fix is on the way sometime in the near future. Still very annoyed I missed calls on the daily and have to keep re-sending my texts on occassion too.
Found another bug this weekend. I'm not one to send a lot of MMS but noticed as well this update has broke my MMS delivery confirmation and acknowledgements. It only confirms for me once every so often. So I never know if people are getting my MMS messages. I pretty much have to send a follow up text to confirm. Hope that gets fixed too.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't download MMS when i received them after the 1308. Not really a big deal for me however, I use whatsapp mostly
Had my fingers crossed for some positive news this Monday morning and was glad to see at least Nokia acknowledging the problem. Also glad that a fix is on the way sometime in the near future. Still very annoyed I missed calls on the daily and have to keep re-sending my texts on occassion too.
Found another bug this weekend. I'm not one to send a lot of MMS but noticed as well this update has broke my MMS delivery confirmation and acknowledgements. It only confirms for me once every so often. So I never know if people are getting my MMS messages. I pretty much have to send a follow up text to confirm. Hope that gets fixed too.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been able to get internet sharing going since the update except one time in the last 20 tries or so.

I had the same problems as everyone. After the 1308 update, my internet sharing stopped working and the Access point App was broken. After playing with the phone for an hour, I finally found the solution without having to hard reset my phone.

I DELETED the APN settings AND the MMS settings ( in: settings ----> Celular....) and I turned the phone off and back on again. Then, to my surprise, the access point was working! I was able to choose my carrier which I did.

I then went back to enter the APN and MMS settings manually (again in: settings---->Celular....), I soft-reseted the phone ( Holding volume down and power buttons simultaneously until it vibrates) and went back to activate internet sharing and... VOILA!!! IT WORKED!!!!

And has always worked since!

Try it! It worked for me...

Last edited:

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problems as everyone. After the 1308 update, my internet sharing stopped working and the Access point App was broken. After playing with the phone for an hour, I finally found the solution without having to hard reset my phone.

I DELETED the APN settings AND the MMS settings and I turned the phone off and back on again. Then, to my surprise, the access point was working! I was able to choose my carrier which I did.

I then went back to enter the APN and MMS settings manually, I soft-reseted the phone ( Holding volume down and power buttons simultaneously until it vibrates) and went back to activate internet sharing and... VOILA!!! IT WORKED!!!!

And has always worked since!

Try it! It worked for me...

I don't use Internet Sharing however out of boredom I tried your above solution and it did not work for me. Not sure if you're on Rogers but that could be the difference since we don't have APN and MMS settings to delete.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't use Internet Sharing however out of boredom I tried your above solution and it did not work for me. Not sure if you're on Rogers but that could be the difference since we don't have APN and MMS settings to delete.

I'm not on Rogers but I have an unlocked Rogers L920 ...

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just checking in to add to the confusion

Locked Rogers 920, no access point app installed, ever.... Just turned on internet sharing and posting this from my PC via my 920. Internet sharing working ok for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786