Is it legal to void my 920's warranty if a replacement phone is coming in the mail?

Ryken100

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

So my 920 got bricked from attempting to do a factory reset. I called AT&T and they're shipping me a replacement Lumia 920, and I have return my bricked 920 when the new one arrives.
The replacement phone was supposed to arrive today, but FedEx somehow screwed up and I won't get it till Monday.

I don't want to go the whole weekend without a phone. If I flash my bricked phone with NaviFirm so that I can use it over the weekend, would there be any repercussions?

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Did you try the Nokia Hard Reset option? I thought mine was bricked and AT&T is sending me a replacement but I actually got it to work.

Try this:
Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8

Step 1
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

(To cancel OS reset and exit to the normal mode, press the Volume Down + Power Key and hold them for 10 seconds).
Step 2
Then input Keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

Step 3
The phone will reset and boot up automatically.

Ryken100

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you try the Nokia Hard Reset option? I thought mine was bricked and AT&T is sending me a replacement but I actually got it to work.

Try this:
Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8

Step 1
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

(To cancel OS reset and exit to the normal mode, press the Volume Down + Power Key and hold them for 10 seconds).
Step 2
Then input Keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

Step 3
The phone will reset and boot up automatically.

I tried that, I can never get to the exclamation mark. The Nokia logo will just appear and disappear until I release the button. Releasing the button causes the low battery icon to come up no matter how long I had the phone charging. The following button combination doesn't work on the battery icon screen :(

xeron72548

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Nope! I actually wanted to get my Lumia repalce becuase there was a small dent on the corner. I called AT&T and told them that the power button was intermettintly working. They sent one out the next day. It has been one month and no on has mentioned anything

Ryken100

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Nope! I actually wanted to get my Lumia repalce becuase there was a small dent on the corner. I called AT&T and told them that the power button was intermettintly working. They sent one out the next day. It has been one month and no on has mentioned anything

Awesome! Unbricking it is!

Maybe I could re-brick it before I send it back to them though, just in case...

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! Unbricking it is!

Maybe I could re-brick it before I send it back to them though, just in case...

You might as well run the factory reset anyway before boxing it up to erase all of your data; there's a good chance it will be stuck on the gears again while on its way to AT&T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb