My 920 is lagging after the update

R42

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I can not explain it. Sometimes i tap the power button and it will take 1 minute or less to turn on when idle. I am hearing music and this happens.
There are times when i open an app and starts to lag. I then try to open another app and it wont even start but it will close take me back to my other opened app.

If it takes forever to turn on when idle, i hold the camera button to force it to turn on. This is futile when I try to go to the menu with the windows phone button but it takes forever.

This is insane. I never had this happened to me.
I dont know what to blame. Just now I connected it with my pc and through the windows phone app and deleted some music. I tried to get it back on from idle and wouldnt let me and again take 45 seconds to turn on.

I just did a soft reset to the phone. I really hope this fixes it.
Anyone else having the same problem?

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Try doing a hard reset once. How many apps do you have installed? A badly coded app may be causing this problem also. Also you can try disabling background apps by going to Settings > Applications.

R42

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Try doing a hard reset once. How many apps do you have installed? A badly coded app may be causing this problem also. Also you can try disabling background apps by going to Settings > Applications.

i did the hard reset to factory settings and the phone becomes laggy after i hit an app.
I try settings and it says Resuming, turns black and pushes me back to the main menu where i hit settings.

This is ******* annoying. I am going to call Nokia now
And i can not even downgrade.
I blame this firmware. And no it could not be an app

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It might be an idea to try to use Nokia Care suite to flash some new firmware onto your device. Be warned though, you can find out how to do this on these forums but it will completely reset your device and you'll lose the music etc you have on it.

R42

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
It might be an idea to try to use Nokia Care suite to flash some new firmware onto your device. Be warned though, you can find out how to do this on these forums but it will completely reset your device and you'll lose the music etc you have on it.

a hard reset for me is this
I have done this twice.
I am just charging to full and i will be try to mess with it in a few minutes.

Really. This never happened to me before. My 920 was snappy, my battery sat on 70% by 2pm frm 830ish when i went to college. I was a happy camper.

After the update, i noticed a sudden decrease in battery life and this lag.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
a hard reset for me is this
I have done this twice.
I am just charging to full and i will be try to mess with it in a few minutes.

Really. This never happened to me before. My 920 was snappy, my battery sat on 70% by 2pm frm 830ish when i went to college. I was a happy camper.

After the update, i noticed a sudden decrease in battery life and this lag.
It has nothing to do with hard reset. You might have a corrupted OS installed since last update. Flashing a complete OS might just turn your phone back to normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750