can?t find windows deferder nor antivirus for my Nokia lumia 920

kmolsgaard

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
How can I protect my Nokia Lumia 920 against Hackers. I can?t find Windows defender on my phone and the store shows no antivirus programs?

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
There aren't any viruses/hacks/anything on WP, and from my point of view and what I have learned, there hardly ever will be. The system is protected to its max, and cannot be hacked/jailbroken. With that in mind, one can only install official apps approved by Miscrosoft. So, any developer wanting to have his app on the Market has to submit it to Microsoft, in order for it to be tested, and when it gets the green light it is on the Market, and the end-users (that is us) know that all the apps r perfectly safe.

bish0p34

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Even on Android, I never found the use for an AV program. I changed OSes constantly, and got apps that were't from the market, but I was careful and used common sense about what I installed. I feel the same way about PCs. I fix them for people for a living. I tell them you only need Microsoft Security Essentials, and an ounce of common sense. No problems with viruses here.

omglilol

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Let me take this to another extreme, EVEN ON WINDOWS VISTA, 7, 8, you don't need any protection. It's all bull****, take it from me and don't look back.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Let me take this to another extreme, EVEN ON WINDOWS VISTA, 7, 8, you don't need any protection. It's all bull****, take it from me and don't look back.

You should have at least Security essentials to catch the stuff the browser misses, especially if you aren't using IE 10.

That said, security essentials is built in to Windows 8, so no need to install anything additional.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You should have at least Security essentials to catch the stuff the browser misses, especially if you aren't using IE 10.

That said, security essentials is built in to Windows 8, so no need to install anything additional.

MS Security Essentials is pretty bad though. It failed virus tests couple times. Maybe they don't have a big of a team like those antivirus companies.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
MS Security Essentials is pretty bad though. It failed virus tests couple times. Maybe they don't have a big of a team like those antivirus companies.

Do you have any evidence of this? Because all of the tests I have seen state quite the opposite.

Security essentials definition updates share the same team as the large Forefront endpoint security product and it benefits from code sharing with that corporate security product.

brunok

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any evidence of this? Because all of the tests I have seen state quite the opposite.

Security essentials definition updates share the same team as the large Forefront endpoint security product and it benefits from code sharing with that corporate security product.
When Windows 8 was released, lots of tests showed that Security Essentials had relatively low detection rates, in comparison with other antivirus like Avira, AVG, Avast, Norton, etc.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
He's right, If you want the best free protection for your PC, you'll want to check out Comodo security suite.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Unless you are a bumbling fool MSE is great. I have used it since launch and like it much better than Norton, Kapersky, and Trend Micro, and not to mention all the fly-by-night turned "legit" small name clients.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I've used Security Essentials for the last 3 years and love it. I should note however that I had one virus that security essentials didn't find. Had to download Avast to remove it, then removed Avast and went back to security essentials ^_^

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Unless you are a bumbling fool MSE is great. I have used it since launch and like it much better than Norton, Kapersky, and Trend Micro, and not to mention all the fly-by-night turned "legit" small name clients.

I agree. I honestly don't even need virus protection anymore. I haven't been infected in over 8 years. I honestly don't know how people get infected so much. I have clients that get infections at least once a month. Doesn't really bother me as I get paid to clean it up but still.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I honestly don't even need virus protection anymore. I haven't been infected in over 8 years. I honestly don't know how people get infected so much. I have clients that get infections at least once a month. Doesn't really bother me as I get paid to clean it up but still.

Maybe they aren't using Internet Explorer, it has become a pretty good first line of defense.

https://www.nsslabs.com/reports/browser-security-comparative-analysis-socially-engineered-malware

To put the numbers in perspective, for every twenty encounters with socially engineered malware, Firefox and Safari users will be protected from approximately one attack. That means nineteen out of twenty socially engineered malware attacks against Firefox and Safari users will end up testing the user?s antivirus and/or operating system defenses. Chrome users will be protected from about fourteen of the twenty attacks, leaving their antivirus and operating systems responsible for protecting against six attacks, and IE10 users will generally be protected from all twenty attacks.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Most of them use Chrome or Firefox. I made the switch back to IE with Windows 8. I actually like IE10 quite a bit.

omglilol

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Unless your IQ is under 100, I honestly think any protection software is very much unnecessary. If you insist, Windows Defender will do. The recent research bull**** is an effort from security companies to tell you free software sucks and get you to buy their bloatware. I haven't had a virus / spyware issue in my lifetime, and all my friends (who avoid stupid **** because I tell them) haven't had issues since XP SP2. Of course retards will say get a Mac and live hassle free, which is more or less true if you look at it statistically, but there is nothing inherently more secure about Mac than Windows, wouldn't go as far as saying security through obscurity but Windows is just fine as it is, and so is Windows Phone, stop panicking and enjoy your products.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05