DIY Wireless Charging Nightstand (video)

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I had nothing to do today so I made some modifications to my nightstand :)
You could use almost any type of night stand but this one is from IKEA. The good things about that is that it is cheap (if I would fail) and made from cheap, therefore soft and easily carved material.
There are a number of methods to do this but I wanted to keep it as simple and quick as possible. It took less than two hours and only required three tools.
You can take it to the next level by just carving around the charger and then drill a hole for the cable to run through.
If you don't want to place it like I did so that it is supported by the bottom part of the nightstand just put a peace of sheet metal or something to hold it up instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZo2pA0Qc9U

Last edited:

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You've got some mad video editing skillz there. I was a little entranced both by the music and the flow of the video... awesome work.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Please keep your videos coming. Just phenomenal.
I think for it to be a Night"stand" it will be even more perfect if it could be standing rather than flat on the surface, though. I know it's not very practical so ignore me xD

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Please keep your videos coming. Just phenomenal.
I think for it to be a Night"stand" it will be even more perfect if it could be standing rather than flat on the surface, though. I know it's not very practical so ignore me xD

Im thrilled that people like the video :)
There will be more videos for sure, maybe not alway tech related (ideas come and go). If someone has something they want to se like a test or review just let me know.
In the meantime Im working on a mini-documentary about the mechanics in a grand piano (witch is mind-blowing) or to be more specific, the man that fixes them. (some of you have seen him in one of my previous videos)

knowimagination

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I went for it and attacked my night stand it actually went pretty well but I do have a follow up question. How much wood would you say you left between the charger and the top? I got it working but it seems to want to reconnect sometimes and I am not sure if it is from me not having the phone centered correctly or if there is too much wood left to keep a steady connection.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I went for it and attacked my night stand it actually went pretty well but I do have a follow up question. How much wood would you say you left between the charger and the top? I got it working but it seems to want to reconnect sometimes and I am not sure if it is from me not having the phone centered correctly or if there is too much wood left to keep a steady connection.

Awesome :)
I have about 5 milimeters left, give or take a mm.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Would you mind posting the gear you used? Thanks, great video.

For the build or the video? I can do both to be on the safe side :)
Build: a screwdriver, a chisel and a rubber hammer.
Video: Canon t3i/600d, Sigma 30mm 1.4f, Canon 50mm 1.8f with macro-rings, a tripod and a Konova K2 slider.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
While the build on just its own was ingenious and awesome and inspiring...
the video was stunning indeed. Best DIY video ever. Stunning.
Kudos

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium