Facebook Photo Posts with Privacy Settings stuck at 'only me'

Michael Blue

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Dude! THANK YOU!!!!

Each application linked to your account has its own privacy settings. Because Windows Phone is not part of Facebook, you do have to individually control what the Windows Phone app on Facebook can post to Facebook and under what privacy settings.

It used to be easier to get to these settings...

But here, do this:

- Go to your profile (not your news feed).
- Click Activity Log.
- On the left side, click "Windows Phone" (with the purple Windows logo). If this is not immediately visible, click the "More" link at the very bottom of the left side, and it should display all your apps that use your Timeline.
- Once all your Windows Phone posts appear, look on the top right on the page where it says "This app can post on your behalf to:".
- Choose your desired default setting.
- Now when you post photos directly, or use the "Use my Facebook settings" on the Me tile, it will use this default setting.

Enjoy!

That being said, the Facebook app that you download on an Android or iOS device is directly tied into your Facebook account since its made by Facebook, which is why you have a little bit more control over what goes on with your account and posts.

Dean Hughes2

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Each application linked to your account has its own privacy settings. Because Windows Phone is not part of Facebook, you do have to individually control what the Windows Phone app on Facebook can post to Facebook and under what privacy settings.

It used to be easier to get to these settings...

But here, do this:

- Go to your profile (not your news feed).
- Click Activity Log.
- On the left side, click "Windows Phone" (with the purple Windows logo). If this is not immediately visible, click the "More" link at the very bottom of the left side, and it should display all your apps that use your Timeline.
- Once all your Windows Phone posts appear, look on the top right on the page where it says "This app can post on your behalf to:".
- Choose your desired default setting.
- Now when you post photos directly, or use the "Use my Facebook settings" on the Me tile, it will use this default setting.

Enjoy!

That being said, the Facebook app that you download on an Android or iOS device is directly tied into your Facebook account since its made by Facebook, which is why you have a little bit more control over what goes on with your account and posts.

I must be an ***** because I have no idea where my profile is on this phone. Can you please help with the first step...what exactly to I touch?

Linda McCarthy

May 12, 2014
Visit site
prjkthack THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This same problem has been driving me crazy and with your answer, totally helped my settings be what I want them to be!!! :) :kiss:

John Burge

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Lumia 820 (Win 8.1) of not being able to share photo's on facebook. However, on reading your remedy of 03-31-2013 I do not recognize any of the steps described. For instance, my FB profile has no Activity Log and I can find no reference to Windows Phone. The only way I have found to share photo's, is to load them into my computer and cancel the "read only" status before re-sizing the file. I want to be able to share photo's direct with FB as described in the user manual for the Lumia 820. Finally, I can find no reference to a "Me" tile on my phone. Any help would be gratefully received.

Amanda Hosie

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Having the same problem on phone, even got on computer to try and change privacy but not giving me the option. Tried uploading a photo again from the computer and again has a padlock on it!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes