06-25-2015 04:59 AM
26 12
tools
    When I do this:
    go to Photos >> camera roll, choose a photo >> share... >> Facebook, the photo that I shared is always set with privacy setting of 'Only me'
    I have already change the app settings >> Old version of Facebook for Mobile, under the privacy settings within Facebook to friends, but the above still happen.
    Anyone... please help.
    03-31-2013 06:24 AM
    Happens to me as well. I use it fairly rarely so I havnt really cared much about it and just change them manually afterwards, but sure is still annoying.
    03-31-2013 06:26 AM
    Check out one of the threads I posted a couple weeks ago. I had the same issue and there is a fix
    03-31-2013 06:53 AM
    thanks shpepin...i saw your post with the following suggested solution...but this doesnt work for me, i have already made sure that settings in Me tile is set to 'Friends'.

*Go to your "Me" tile and hit "Post an Update"
    Change the "Share on Facebook With" settings if it is currently set to "Me Only" *

Anyone please kindly help...
    03-31-2013 07:35 AM
    LuMiaSPY: try logging to FB from ur computer, and change the settings there to Public, then on the Me Tile select use FB settings. Hope this will work 4 u.
    03-31-2013 11:18 AM
    thanks for the reply... but it doesn't work.

if i were to do the following:

ME title >> post an update >> Share on Facebook with 'Use my Facebook settings' >> the status post will be viewable by 'Only me'.

However, if I were to do the following:

ME title >> post an update >> Share on Facebook with 'Friends' >> the status post will be viewable by 'Friends'.

Not sure whats wrong here.

I have made sure that my settings in Facebook for ' Old versions of Facebook for mobile ' is set to public...

I am not complaining about posting status in Facebook BUT posting of Photo to Facebook, which is THE BIG problem for me.

Photo will be always be viewable by 'Only me' if I were to do the following:

Photos >> select a photo >> share... >> Facebook.

I am giving up...someone please help...
    03-31-2013 12:51 PM
    Did you check your own facebook settings (facebook - privacy setting - privacy - who can see my stuff ... and, timeline and tagging - who can see things on my timeline)
    03-31-2013 01:13 PM
    thanks Jaripi for reply... i am very sure none of the settings were 'Only me' for what you have mentioned.

hmmm....i guess the sharing to facebook experience was much better and easy with andriod(?)
    03-31-2013 01:35 PM
    Each application linked to your account has its own privacy settings. Because Windows Phone is not part of Facebook, you do have to individually control what the Windows Phone app on Facebook can post to Facebook and under what privacy settings.

It used to be easier to get to these settings...

But here, do this:

- Go to your profile (not your news feed).
    - Click Activity Log.
    - On the left side, click "Windows Phone" (with the purple Windows logo). If this is not immediately visible, click the "More" link at the very bottom of the left side, and it should display all your apps that use your Timeline.
    - Once all your Windows Phone posts appear, look on the top right on the page where it says "This app can post on your behalf to:".
    - Choose your desired default setting.
    - Now when you post photos directly, or use the "Use my Facebook settings" on the Me tile, it will use this default setting.

Enjoy!

That being said, the Facebook app that you download on an Android or iOS device is directly tied into your Facebook account since its made by Facebook, which is why you have a little bit more control over what goes on with your account and posts.
    LuMiaSPY, Coreldan, WPenvy and 4 others like this.
    03-31-2013 01:54 PM
    prjkthack thanks for this one. It works very well.
    the 'Use my Facebook settings' works on Me tile and posting of photo works too.
    03-31-2013 09:59 PM
    have you done "something" with the phone, or just in the computer settings? i have same problem, have done what is suggested, but mine nokia 920
    still "only me" in photo, check in and other status.....
    04-05-2013 03:57 AM
    I had this problem a while ago. It happened after I had installed 'Draw Something' I logged in via my Facebook account, and chose 'only me' cause I didn't want to bother other people with constant game updates. God knows there are plenty of those. But this also affected everything else I posted from my phone... I guess I must have removed it since. Works now.
    04-05-2013 04:21 AM
    Each application linked to your account has its own privacy settings. Because Windows Phone is not part of Facebook, you do have to individually control what the Windows Phone app on Facebook can post to Facebook and under what privacy settings.

But here, do this:

- Click Activity Log.
    - On the left side, click "Windows Phone" (with the purple Windows logo). If this is not immediately visible, click the "More" link at the very bottom of the left side, and it should display all your apps that use your Timeline.
    - Once all your Windows Phone posts appear, look on the top right on the page where it says "This app can post on your behalf to:".
    - Now when you post photos directly, or use the "Use my Facebook settings" on the Me tile, it will use this default setting.

Enjoy!

That being said, the Facebook app that you download on an Android or iOS device is directly tied into your Facebook account since its made by Facebook, which is why you have a little bit more control over what goes on with your account and posts.
    Amen, praised Jesus - that WORKED!! Thank you!!!!!
    matt21484 likes this.
    05-18-2013 11:14 AM
    Dude, that is an awesome solve... thank you very much............
    05-30-2013 11:35 AM
    Ahhh been looking for that solution, that works for me too. Thanks!
    06-01-2013 06:14 AM
    I have the exact same issue :-( But the post above from "prjkthack" solved it!
    Although it was my Facebook for Windows Phone that were set for "me only" (and not Windows Phone).
    But it's the same solution.
    06-14-2013 12:12 AM
    Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!!!, it works nice; i have already check that page, but i dont see the Windows Phone logo at the first time so i dismiss... Thanks!
    06-18-2013 06:39 AM
    ugh, finally found this setting, thank you Brad! I don't upload stuff to facebook often, but this was frustrating.
    06-20-2013 11:22 PM
    Hi! I can post onto Facebook, if it's something that comes straight from my Lumia. But if I try to share a pic that somebody else has posted I Cant, It gives me a message like "You can't share this. Check the privacy settings". But it's something I CAN do on my laptop and used to do with my Galaxy II. Is there any way to do it with the Lumia 920? Thanks a zillion!
    07-23-2013 02:26 PM
    Check out one of the threads I posted a couple weeks ago. I had the same issue and there is a fix
    This is great.. it worked for me.. I set it as Facebook settings instead of friends in post an update from me tile.. :D

Thanks for the help and post.
    08-06-2013 03:54 AM
    Dude! THANK YOU!!!!

But here, do this:

- Click Activity Log.

Enjoy!

08-24-2013 07:08 PM
    It works !!! Fantastic ....Thanks for posting
    01-21-2014 01:46 AM

But here, do this:

- Click Activity Log.

Enjoy!

I must be an ***** because I have no idea where my profile is on this phone. Can you please help with the first step...what exactly to I touch?
    03-04-2014 05:48 PM
    prjkthack THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This same problem has been driving me crazy and with your answer, totally helped my settings be what I want them to be!!! :-)
    05-12-2014 11:08 AM
    I have the same problem with my Lumia 820 (Win 8.1) of not being able to share photo's on facebook. However, on reading your remedy of 03-31-2013 I do not recognize any of the steps described. For instance, my FB profile has no Activity Log and I can find no reference to Windows Phone. The only way I have found to share photo's, is to load them into my computer and cancel the "read only" status before re-sizing the file. I want to be able to share photo's direct with FB as described in the user manual for the Lumia 820. Finally, I can find no reference to a "Me" tile on my phone. Any help would be gratefully received.
    12-08-2014 09:44 AM
26 12