Nokia offering fix for dust entering 920

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
"According to Marco the issue is clearly a design flaw which Nokia is fixing in all future production by introducing a sheath placed around the front facing camera and proximity sensor to better insulate them from dust build-up.

The good news is that existing devices with this issue will also be able to take advantage of this solution by taking their device to a Nokia repair service."

Source: Nokia Lumia 920 front facing camera and proximity sensor dust fix on the way? | WMPoweruser

Shredcow

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just sent in my 920 for a cracked screen (don't ask... ) and I had dust in my FCC again after Nokia Centre cleaned it up.

They said the same thing - they have a fix for it now. :)

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone for a week and there's already some dust in the FFC. I tried to compress air it and got 1 of the specs off but not the other. Annoying. How long do I have to be without a phone if I take it to a Nokia repair center? Where are these magical centers?

gamenlegend

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well this is good news. I've never used the front camera on my lumia 920(had it since release) and just tried to now. The image was very fuzzy. Checked the FCC and there's definitely a lot of visible dust inside.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This is great news. I'll be contacting Nokia next week as this is the only minor issue my 920 has picked up since I've had it. I'll post back in here if/when I get any news regarding this.

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have dust and nokia asked me to send it back. I am trying to figure out what I am going to do without a phone for two weeks though! I need my phone every day for work so it is not that easy for me to be without it. Anybody have any suggestions? Would ATT give a loaner?

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Even though there's been a lot less dust buildup ever since I used the official CC-1043 case, I wouldn't mind having this issue fixed.

Only problem is, I unlocked my phone. Is there a chance that I'd get a locked phone in return?

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
from what I've been hearing here on the forums seems like nokia is actually servicing the phones instead of replacing them(like apple does), this is actually a good thing because you don't get a refurbished phone. Im not sure how that's going to be done as I've always seen att replace the phones as well.

K Raghu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have dust and nokia asked me to send it back. I am trying to figure out what I am going to do without a phone for two weeks though! I need my phone every day for work so it is not that easy for me to be without it. Anybody have any suggestions? Would ATT give a loaner?

Yes AT&T does replace and also give a loaner ahead of time if you do with them . If you go to Nokia they don't. i tried with Nokia and went to AT&T and it works better for me.

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone for a week and there's already some dust in the FFC. I tried to compress air it and got 1 of the specs off but not the other. Annoying. How long do I have to be without a phone if I take it to a Nokia repair center? Where are these magical centers?

I have seen the carrier's client service centers do the work in behalf Nokia and you can check Nokia's web page too.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I spoke to Nokia online and they put me in touch with the nearest Nokia Care centre. They are telling me they need to see the phone but dust under the front facing camera could mean a screen replacement or sending the phone away. I'm planning on going in very soon and seeing what they can do for me. Anyone else getting any progress at all?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte