USB port melted

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Installed 1308 update two days ago and everything was fine. (where I live we only get hspa so I'm not sure if I'm having any of the connectivity others are experiencing). That night I put my phone on the charger and the next morning I had a hard time getting the cable out of the phone so I looked and it appears as if the port has melted. Its yellow and looks blistered. I can get the USB cable back in with some wiggling but its a crapshoot if it actually starts charging. I have the wireless charger but even so I'm concerned that my phone is overheating and now my USB port is basically useless. Anyone else have this issues?

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes that's a hardware problem and it really doesn't have anything to do with the firmware.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for Nokia to get back to me. I'm thinking of switching back to my 900 until they resolve, could the battery really explode?

Emma Smith

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
hiya the same thing has happened to my 920 only i cant get the charger out its well and truly melted in. Nokia sending courier to pick it up and do an investigation so lets see what they say.

cybermoose89

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
happened to mine recently hoping nokia get back to me tomorrow about its currently being sent to finnland for investigation should get a replaced handset being as it was only bought at the beginning of the year

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss