I love the Lumia so much I'm keeping it even after I get a free company iphone, do I suck?

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well last week I found out I was getting a promotion at work that would net me a company phone, iphone 4s, directly billed to the company so its what we dream of, a free phone with unlimited data lol. I posted on here last week about it and lamented having to potentially give up the Lumia as the $1,200 a year spent to keep it was too much to give up if I have a free phone. But after hemming and hawing over it I decided I simply cannot go with out it and will be keeping it and will be one of those douchebags with 2 phones.

The Lumia has become such an integral part of my day to day and social life that I don't think I can go without it stepping back down into IOS. After meeting with my IT guys this morning they all agreed, said the company will eventually be locking all that stuff out of the company phones anyway in the near future so I might as well keep it.

So, in short, I love the Lumia 920 and WP8 so much that I keep it even after getting a free company iphone, thats crazy.

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think so lol

Me and my buddies at work used to always make fun of the older sales guys with 2 phones, because they couldn't figure out how to consolidate everything onto one device, now I understand, they just really loved there old Palm's haha

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My employer is using Iphone 4s right now on Verizon, will likely change later this year to something current and more powerful but it may end up being an Android device. I have to use this phone for work, no options, e-mail etc. will all be forwarded to this phone, so thats it, I have 2 phones lol

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there something specific on the iPhone that your company requires? If not, ask them if you can use your Lumia instead.

tehkei

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
many people carry two smart phones now a days, one for work and one for personal use. Meh i guess it sucks for you to have to carry two phones.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a BB and a 920, guess I am also one of those douchbags lol. I will be able to drop the BB soon however. Just waiting on the Notes team to get the new version of notes traveler up and running.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that.

My condolences

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys. I'm trying to figure out yet if I should feel that way too! :eek:rly: I am an Android guy and the Nexus 4 is my daily driver, and the 920 was my 2nd phone on a trial basis. I also wanted to try out the iPhone 5, and when I had the opportunity to trade I took it. I'll see how it goes... I can always sell the iPhone and buy another 920 and have some cash left over.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm the ****** with THREE (hopefully soon to be four) personal phones. Nokia Lumia 920, HTC Titan, and BlackBerry Curve 8520, for BBM. Hopefully if I get a company phone once employed it'll be a BlackBerry Ten device. Can you have separate personal and professional BBM contact lists on 10?

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to carry 2 phones... What a pain at times. I got rid of one. My company just reimburses me and a few others (mostly) my IT team members. We all use a mix of os(s). I am the only Windows Phone user.

What is the absolute reason for the iphone only? Specific app or in house app? If is just email, who cares if they have an exchange server or other server capable of securing the phones email.

My main reason is like I tell everyone else. Anything from the company is not yours... Email, phones, computers, etc. Even though my company is kinda laxed and may give the device to you in the end, it is not yours until then. We usually oversee a lot of these things and personally I don't want anyone prying into my stuff and what I am doing. I can't stand people using company tools personally. We may or may not help you get your data or give it back. The company may spy on you... I mean wee see everything... The email is filtered.... Blah blah...

Anywho, I say power to you. Get your iPhone, use it for what you need at work and keep your other one. If there is no specific app needed, then there is really not reason you could not get your company's email on your phone. They just want to have a standard for support or they're just iPhone fans/sheep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb