New Update for NL920 UK Unlocked - 2/4/2013

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Phone storage says my other storage is 5.39GB. Storage check says 1.6GB.

Apps on phone storage says 3.32GB. Storage check says 4.1GB.

The clear storage option only deals with a subset of what Phone Storage calls "other"

On mine I have

Phone storage:
9.79Gb used out of 29.12Gb, consisting of:
4.84Gb music + videos
25.18Mb pictures
1.06Gb apps
1.92Gb other
1.95Gb system
19.33Gb free

Storages check says:
9.7Gb used out of 29Gb
1.6Gb Apps
6.2Gb Media & files
1.9Gb System
19Gb Free space

In details:
1.6Gb Apps (1.3Gb apps + 278Mb app data)
228Mb Temp files
103Mb Photos
4.8Gb Music + video
Office docs 672Kb
Email + contacts 97Mb
Maps 320Mb
Ringtones 680Kb
System 1.9Gb
Other 762Mb

So, the only way I can get the two "other" figures to get close to adding up is as follows:

"Phone Storage Other" = "Storage Check Details Other + app data + temp files + photos + office docs + email/contacts + maps + ringtones"

If I'm right, then your Storage Check Details app data + temp files + photos + office docs + email/contacts + maps + ringtones should add up to about 3.7Gb.

It's just a theory though and your figures could disprove it completely.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You aren't missing much unless you are running out of storage space. Trust me. :)

I was than I deleted half my songs and games that I don't use.

I have about 5GB in the other sections and I don't why but today going through my start screen it been slow and shutters?

Added: I may just be going insane it seems to have become smooth again that it someone send me to the crazy house. :confused:

Last edited:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Updated: It wield my home screen lags for long periods of time and every so ofter the start screen and everything else that effected become smooth to scroll through any ideas?

Also still not updated.

FBirraque

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: 1308 Firmware Update on UK Unlocked 920?

It's definitely 4G/LTE ready, it's just that for some absurd reason they don't ship with an 4G/LTE firmware - apparently at some point in the future an update will enable it....

Next update will enable it. We need to be patient!

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: 1308 Firmware Update on UK Unlocked 920?

I have an unbranded UK 920 as well. Can't believe we have to wait until after everyone else for updates.

I thought Portico was supposed to enable 4G? Nokia told me that my phone was now ready for 4G, not the crappy careline, that';s from the customer escalation team, if that counts for anything.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
@deerfaced and @nightshade- where did you buy your phones?

Bought mine from Clove. Third batch.

I struggle to understand why updates are not rolled out universally at least to a certain region like the UK (unlocked).

deerfaced

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So you and I are in the same boat!

Maybe it's just staggered based on your build date or something.

@windev

Mine was from digital-phone.co.uk - yellow, first batch of unlocked yellows they got I believe. Or maybe not. I think I was pretty late to the party.

niteshade1975

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
@deerfaced and @nightshade- where did you buy your phones?

Bought mine from Clove. Third batch.

I struggle to understand why updates are not rolled out universally at least to a certain region like the UK (unlocked).

Mine was originally a second batch device from Clove but was returned because of dust/creaking and various other issues. In the end Nokia themselves shipped out a new replacement with portico pre-installed.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine was originally a second batch device from Clove but was returned because of dust/creaking and various other issues. In the end Nokia themselves shipped out a new replacement with portico pre-installed.

Is your manufacturer model name RM-821-eu-euro1-276?

If yes, then that is really confounding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett