New Update for NL920 UK Unlocked - 2/4/2013

robnewton

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
whats the current config id of those who got the update earlier. Maybe weve been pulled into line with the other handsets, with a little bit of luck.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes the camera is basically the same. I also haven't noticed a change in battery life but it might be too early to tell.

However, I recovered 2 GB from the storage check and the phone seems faster than it was before (which was fast!) so that's very nice :D

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
As noted elsewhere, the haptic feedback seems lighter and the pone feels more responsive. Now the GOOD part for me...

Yesterday, at the same classroom at the hospital where I always 'lose' signal, then get it back but have no data whatsoever until I had to reboot the phone... that didn't happen anymore! For once since I've started this semester I haven't had to reboot my phone to get my data connection back.

Hallelujah!

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
That's great news although I've never really experienced that problem.

It was annoying. Having full bars and having to figure out why, oh why did my pone didn't receive any WA messages, e-mails, etc.

TBH, an iPhone 4S and a Galaxy phone lose data connections, too. So it must have been a combo of poor network + phone issues?

Not happening anymore, that's the important part anyway :)

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
GOT 1308 Friday, no issues, battery improved, i have this application (Battery) which warns me if the battery is draining quickly, now its silent after this update.

IceCrush

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Had the update yesterday, after testing .. Proximity sensor dust issue completely fixed and don't ask me how, dust is there and i can see it clearly on the FFC but the sensor just works!!

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, before the update the proximity sensor used to work on and off; sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't. Now it works all the time!

However, I think my battery has gotten worse. It might be too soon to tell but that's the impression I got after a couple of days.

robnewton

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, before the update the proximity sensor used to work on and off; sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't. Now it works all the time!

However, I think my battery has gotten worse. It might be too soon to tell but that's the impression I got after a couple of days.
Gotta agree about battery life. My phone comes off charge about 7am & will last until about 11-12pm under my normal usage. Since the update I'm struggling to make it home from work about 5pm without running out of battery. I'm hoping it'll settle down before long & get back to normal.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone on EE, find themselves suffering from tunnel syndrome? Somewhere between the call, person on the other side feels like you are shouting from a tunnel far far away? It seems that happens when we have 3G+ full bars! - same as not having internet when we have full 3G+ signal. I think phone loses signal and becomes terrible in connectivity and the logo doesn't change. So call quality becomes really poor for about 45-50 seconds in the call and then goes back to normal and keeps doing that the longer you talk! Tried and tested a few times in last couple of days.

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm on EE and had to change my phone, kept getting people telling me they could not hear me, despite holding the phone next to my mouth, it was a known problem. Your problem sounds very similar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte