Here Drive Beta caused my phone to freeze up

earl_z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have a problem with Here Drive Beta? This is my second 920 and I had to uninstall Here Drive beta because it locked up my phone. Now my phone works, but it randomly locks up. The only solution is to soft reset (vol down/power). I'm thinking about resetting my phone today, but I'm hesitant because with my last phone, that's how it bricked.

earl_z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you know what firmware version you are running?

Sorry for the late reply. I believe my phone is on Portico.

I was able to get Here Drive Beta reinstalled. Now I still have a problem with my phone randomly locking up. Sometimes it does it with the wireless charging plate. Have you seen any issues with phones locking up after an Exchange 2010 Active Sync policy has been pushed to the phone?

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. I believe my phone is on Portico.

I was able to get Here Drive Beta reinstalled. Now I still have a problem with my phone randomly locking up. Sometimes it does it with the wireless charging plate. Have you seen any issues with phones locking up after an Exchange 2010 Active Sync policy has been pushed to the phone?

No, I have Exchange policies active on my phone without any issues.

If you uninstall Drive (and reboot the phone) do the lockups stop?

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you simply got a defective phone, especially if it locks up even with that app removed... Try to do a "full reset" - if you "brick" it, it will make replacing your phone easier ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750