I am picking a white 920 up on craigslist and have a black 920 coming in from Ebay. I am only going to keep one though and was wondering how the white color is holding up with you guys. Is it being tinted/stained brown? Is the white glossy or matte? Do you wish you had a different color?
    04-04-2013 09:59 AM
    slightly dented but the color doesnt seem to be yellowing or fading for me. I did end up getting a case for it.
    04-04-2013 10:09 AM
    Ive had mine since late December. Still looks like new without case or cover :)
    Jimmy Cooper likes this.
    04-04-2013 10:17 AM
    I am picking a white 920 up on craigslist and have a black 920 coming in from Ebay. I am only going to keep one though and was wondering how the white color is holding up with you guys. Is it being tinted/stained brown? Is the white glossy or matte? Do you wish you had a different color?
    Glossy white. It doesn't get discolored at all.
    Jimmy Cooper likes this.
    04-04-2013 10:19 AM
    So far, so good with mine. A few nicks here and there, (no case) but the thing holds up like a champ.
    04-04-2013 10:27 AM
    No problems with discoloration or anything so far keep it in a leather side case or in an amzer shellster or in my shirt pocket
    04-04-2013 10:30 AM
    Mine has a skin on it but i had just gotten a new one to replace my other white L920 back in December that crapped out.
    04-04-2013 10:34 AM
    Thanks for the replies! I bought a black one on ebay and wont get it till next Tuesday. I found a white one though that has only been used a couple weeks and comes with the wireless charger for $320. I have always been concerned about the white becoming discolored, especially since i work in a somewhat greasy field. I may give this white one a shot though. looking forward to having it wirelessly charge at my desk at work! People will be amazed im sure lol
    04-04-2013 11:21 AM
    Also, this white one has ghost armor on it. Is there a worry about the skin on the screen damaging it?
    04-04-2013 11:21 AM
    White is actually one of the best colors you can buy in terms of aesthetic durability. During the L900 release I really liked the white but was wondering as you do on how well the finish would hold up. You mentioned you worked in a greasy field. The matte finishes (black, grey, and cyan) fail with grease and are finishes that are hard to keep new. Glossy is better. A white matte would be the most horrible material color combination. The gloss reflects back the sun so you don't have to worry much about discoloration. As long as you don't severely scratch off the glossy finish (i.e. sandpaper) you'll be fine. If I remember correctly Daniel Rubino was going to post an article on how well the white L900 was holding up way back when.

Does anyone have any tips regarding matte finish protection, cleaning, or restoring after obtaining glossy shine?
    04-04-2013 01:59 PM
    Mine still looks brand new after buying it in December with no cases. No discolouration at all. I did get red ink in it stained into the gloss finish once which thankfully came out with some nail polish remover. The fact that the whole polycarbonate is also white throughout means even dints from drops should be less visible. I can see it holding up very well for a long time.

I really love the white, they got the colour absolutely spot on. I found this article on the work it took Nokia to make a white phone pretty interesting Brilliant white: How Nokia designed the white Lumia – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-04-2013 10:51 PM
    My glossy white 900 held up extremely well. It did get some discolored scratches on it when I dropped it onto concrete, though. I've included an image if you're curious.

http://sdrv.ms/XgZo8C
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-2013 12:23 AM
    Mine looks perfect except for microscratches which are visible under sunlight or some extreme flashy lights. I am still looking for some armor skin
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-2013 01:28 AM
    I have a white 920 from launch week that still looks just as good as it did then. No case on it since I got it, and no discoloration or noticeable scratches at all.

I tried a black one with the matte finish for a few days, and while it looked nice I didn't like the feel of it. I'm much happier with my white one.
    04-05-2013 02:13 AM
    So the guy I was buying the phone from flaked out. I was able to find a red one and pick it up a couple hours later though. It has micro scratches but not to bad. I have a full body skin from bestskinsever.com and i am waiting on the black one to show up to see which one i would like to keep. I paid 250 for my red one and 350 for the black one. Ill see which one is in better condition. I should be getting it next Tuesday
    04-05-2013 08:40 AM
    my white 920 is fine without a case, just some micro scratches on the polycarbonate that is not visible unless carefully inspected under bright light. :D
    04-05-2013 04:33 PM
    My wife lost track of the number of times she's dropped hers on concrete and asphalt and aside from some chipped edges, it's totally fine. No stains or discoloration or anything. She's had it since last November.
    04-05-2013 07:36 PM
    My white is fine. Had it since November. Just put a different case on, but when I didn't have one it held up well.

This is not on the original white iphones or galaxies that would discolor and look horrible with every ding... Shoot, I hate all of apple's white devices because do not hold up... They look so tacky and filthy....

I was worries of the same thing, but Nokia really but some thought into making a device that will last mechanically and cosmetically... Where apple people sees a financial trend where people will replace their dingy looking devices... The sheep and the wolves... GLAD IM IN A DIFFERENT BARN!
    cameradork likes this.
    04-05-2013 07:46 PM