Nokia 920 & Jeep Uconnect

seamistpt

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I love my NL 920, but I recently bought a 2013 Jeep Wrangler & have no problem pairing or connecting my 920, but the text option will not work. I had a Blackberry before getting the 920 & the texting worked with it, so I know the Jeep's Uconnect has the capability. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem & if there is an update that I haven't heard about or something I have missed in the phone's settings that will fix it. Appreciate any help!

Troy Whittaker

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you posted this. I've just gotten a Lumia 920 3 weeks ago, then a 2013 Wrangler just a couple days ago. I haven't fully tested this, but I did get a couple texts announced today over UConnect. TO my knowledge:

• The radio must be set to AUX with BT as source (not confirmed)
  • You must configure Settings > System > speech > "Read aloud incoming text messages" to "Bluetooth and headsets" (I think this is because the Lumia detects UConnect as a headset?)
  • The SMS must be only text, anything with media will interrupt the music stream but no text is spoken

I can also confirm that my UConnect 130S system with remote USB port (it's in the center console) does not support the Lumia 920. I was able to use an iPad mini and iPhone 4s over USB though.

seamistpt

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Troy,
Unfortunately my phone is already set to "Read aloud incoming text messages" to "Bluetooth and headsets". did that at the suggestion in another forum.

Will try to set the radio to AUX with BT as source.

Not sure what you mean by The SMS must be only text. I have no setting like this on my phone or is this a setting for the radio?

Great to hear from another Jeep person.

msellers30

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't work either. 2013 Jeep Wrangler with the 430 radio. BT music works pretty good on the Jeep but it doesn't read text messages.

Troy Whittaker

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have no explanation why this worked a couple times, but not since. When attempting to use the SMS commands through UCONNECT I get a reply that my phone does not support that functionality.

wmphoto

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have an 09 with the 730 RHR Nav radio. It works perfectly no issues at all.
The 430 head has a few hardware differences. Not sure if that may be causing the problems or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99