Update 1308 Fix incoming Next Week?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Was informed that there is software update ready to go out to MS today and then to ATT for testing on Monday. Whenever ATT certifies and tests i guess, the software deploys.

Apparently, the bug happens when you are in a zone that might be on the border of LTE and HSPA which is the reason my phone has had connectivity and battery drain issues. My area is on the border line and continuously switches, but after the update, i would get no signal for a bit before the transitions between networks, this didn't happen prior. My phone had switched fluently without disruption prior to the update.

So looks like a fix is incoming real soon, or I hope

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I havent been having those issues but the LTE just got turned on the day that I got the 1308 update. When the phone reset after the update it came up LTE before 4G

joshredraider

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I just got off the phone with an AT&T customer care rep. They were responding to my complaint that my 'internet sharing' has not worked since the firmware update. She was very nice, and confirmed that "80 thousand Lumia 920 users have been affected by problems such as intermittent signal loss as well as inability to tether the device since the firmware update." She also claimed that according to her notes a new software update is due to be released within one week of April 5th.

Now, I take this information with a grain of salt coming from a customer care rep, but at least they are acknowledging the issue and claim to be working on a fix. She then gave me a $30 account credit. Not a perfect solution, but considering there is nothing else they can do at this point, I do appreciate it.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else hearing the 920 will have a patch next week? I sold my brother in law on a 920, and in his work, its imperative he has data... Let alone the fact that its a phone feature and he paid for it...

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Although the discussion about what phone etc was good and some of you did a good research cross-forum too - I appreciate it, but let's not drag threads off topic, please! I've cleaned the thread, if you have contribution towards 1308 update, please post. If you have other facts and figures to share, discuss, spit your coffee over - come over to off topic forum and let's enjoy the Sunday evening in good spirit.

n7slc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else hearing the 920 will have a patch next week? I sold my brother in law on a 920, and in his work, its imperative he has data... Let alone the fact that its a phone feature and he paid for it...

The 1308 update has been a crap shoot for most. Sometimes data works, sometimes not. For me, I was also missing calls and texts. If it's imperative for you bro-in-law to have data for work(just like it is for me!) then you ought to help him make the transition back to the 1249 firmware. For me, it was better than waiting for a fix or resorting back to my Atrix 4g.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get from the memo "sent to you", that the 1308 fix is happening next week?

Told my company rep some of our users having reception issues. I was only 920 user. I asked if they knew the code to turn off lte, they don't know. Then was notified shortly after through internal memo about a fix.

joshredraider

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, for,what it's worth, installing the Spanish language keyboard has fixed my internet sharing. Check storage still doesn't do anything, but I can live with that until Nokia rolls out a fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans