Need your help for my choice

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to buy a Lumia 920 but I'm still not sure about it. Can you tell me all of its issues?
Also I saw 928 leaked photo and I didn't like it. Do I have a strong reason to wait and buy Lumia 928 instead of 920? I read that it have almost same things with 920. Only potential reason is the issues that 920 has.
The last request is to ones who has random restart problem. Does the problem goes away if you take off sim card? Also can you try this and tell me if this fixes: take your sim card off and plug it into another phone, make a quick call, wait 10 minutes and plug it back to Lumia.
Thanks much to who answers or not.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't really see a reason to wait for the 928 - plus that's a Verizon phone I believe?

Potential issues are: weird vibration issue (sometimes resembles a rattle which could be due to the Lumia's floating camera lens), dust in the front-facing camera (this is due to a small space between the top of the screen and the bezel this can be cleaned out easily with a can of air), and it does heat up on occasion, especially when playing games.

Other than that, there is no reason not to get one in my opinion. These "issues" are easily overlooked and do not affect every handset out there.

I haven't really had any reset issues, even after long periods of gaming. I think, since I've had my phone, it has reset maybe 3-4 times - and most were due to the horrible Words with Friends app.

SahilShah

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Not any problems for me at all! Bear in mind, this is a forum, so all you are going to see is problems with the phone. This isn't really the place to look for exceptional reviews..:)

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Go ahead and buy the 920.
Even i was in the same boat as you,thinking to wait for the next killer Pureview, but coming from lumia 800,
i really wanted that feel again in my hands ( curved glass and polycarbonate housing )
I went ahead and booked a red lumia 920, and its on its way.

Remember my friend your on a forum, you will have all sorts of people writing about the phone,
But at the end all what matters is your choice,your will , your desire.

Friends laughed at me when i told them i'm buying a 920,but after showing whats the phone capable of,
the low light imaging / the OIS my freinds went "what the F**k , are you kidding me! This phone is insane!"

Only concern is the appstore and that too most on the gaming side,
Apps will come eventually dont worry,

And hey, its NOKIA no need to worry :winktongue:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo