Battery Saver mode icon in 1308

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just got my L920 back from repair, so sorry if I have missed this news.

Updated to 1308 and noticed that when I switch Battery Saver mode on, the battery indicator icon flashes the heart symbol over the battery gauge icon 3 times then it just goes back to the standard battery gauge showing how much charge is left.

Previously, when Battery Saver mode was enabled the heart icon overlaid the battery gauge all the time.

Is this a known change? Seems a daft change to me as you cannot now tell if Battery Saver in on or not without digging into Settings.

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have done some more testing and the heart icon only stays on if the battery is at 20% or less.

Previously the heart icon stayed on whatever the percentage of battery was left.

I wonder, then, if battery saver mode is actually on if I switch it on.

You might wonder what difference this might make. Why would I want battery saver to be on if my battery has a good charge?

Well, I switch it on at night to stop email & other app notifications from waking me up.

Anyone else noticed this change?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Previously the heart icon stayed on whatever the percentage of battery was left.

Nope. You remembered wrong. Battery Saver can be turned on but by default, it will only kick in when battery is below 20%. The heart icon will only show when it is kicked in. If you want to it kick in all the time, you need modify the battery saver settings. But be warned, whenever battery saver is on, all background tasks are halted. That means no live tile updates, no background email sync etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos