NFC Sharing

RJMullins

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the Nokia 920, I have the BB Z10. We have tried to send files from my Z10 to her 920 but nothing happens.

Bluetooth and NFC are enabled on both phones.

Any thoughts? Some of the other threads I have read seem to indicate that WP8 can only transfer to other WP8 devices.

Thanks.

- Bob

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, it has to be a Blackberry problem. I use NFC between wp8 and android all day.

You don't have some extra setting like android like S-beam. I know S-beam has to be off for it to work with those.

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
NFC works with android devices too?
I thought windows phone works with windows phone only, and even in androids, my friends' S3 and some Sony device NFC dont work with each other.
I don't know, it has to be a Blackberry problem. I use NFC between wp8 and android all day.

You don't have some extra setting like android like S-beam. I know S-beam has to be off for it to work with those.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I've used tap + share (NFC + Bluetooth enabled) on my Lumia 920 with a friend's Note II without a problem to send pictures. It does work.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
NFC will work cross platform for things like contacts, web links etc. It wont work cross platform for sending pictures or videos because different platforms have different ways they send the actual file.

I don't know what BB10 uses but if its just doing nothing at all and not even throwing an error it sounds like one or both of the nfc modules is faulty.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I haven't managed to successfully send a single file to or from my 920 via NFC. Other devices I have tried include a Nokia 808 and Nexus 7.

james_tee

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, you're the first other person I've seen who is also having NFC problems. I can confirm that NFC on my (Rogers-purchased) Lumia920 has NEVER worked since I bought it. That's despite even a hard factory reset. I even took it to a Microsoft Store to test against other Lumia920's, a Nokia DT-910 NFC-capable dock, etc- nothing. I'm actually in the process of getting it fixed... I sent it into Nokia Canada's Service Center (in Ontario) last week - they sent it back (after dealing with the dust over proximity sensor issue) but failed to address the broken NFC issue. They are in the process of arranging to have it sent back to them so that they can really repair it this time. They offered to replace it, but said that the only replacement phones they have are Rogers-locked phones (I had already paid Rogers the $50 to unlock mine) and so I opted to have them try to fix the problem with my existing phone even if it meant being without my phone for a short period.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett