flushing battery on new phone and getting issues

darshanpatelh

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just got a new phone from rogers and unlocked it. Everything is fine other than the behaviour I am about to explain. As with a new phone, I am draining the battery fully for the first couple of times. When I first drained the battery and used orginial cable and charger, the phone boo its up to the rogers logo and then a battery sign with a red bar and blinking plug sign . I though I would let it charge as it must has depleted the battery fully. I waited more than 15 min but the phone did not boot up. So I a did a soft reset and it worked. Last night i waited more than 25 min and it would not even boot after soft reset. I left it plugged in and woke up in the morning to find the phone had booted and fully charged.

So tonight. I plugged in and patiently waited to see how long it actually takes to boot up with out any input. I. plugged it in at 11pm and the phone turned on at 11:48. To me I have never had a phone take this long to take initial charge but I have not usedwp8 before so my question is... does 920 behave like this or is it a os issue or something I should be concerned about?

Thank you for your suggestions in advance

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not normal behaviour, when my battery goes flat enough to cause the phone to turn off, as soon as i plug it into the charger it immediately switches on and comes back to life.

Maybe you need to check that the phone charger is supplied for the correct voltage for the country you live in? (or try another charger)

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I 'flushed' my battery on 3 or 4 occasions after i first received my 920 without any problems afterwards, it has always instantly switched back on when plugged into the charger, and i currently get approx 2 days usage between charges.

I suspect either the OP charger is faulty or receiving an incorrect voltage from the wall socket.

darshanpatelh

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your responses. I guess I will look into this more in detail now. But, I don't have a problem them the phone doesn't turn on. In fact, the phone turns on when I plug the charger in and it shows that the phone in charging. My question is; does the phone take as long as I described in the problem from when I plug the charger in to the time the phone fully boots up?

Thank you again,
Darshan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes