I want custom text tones!!!!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I am really hoping that this is coming in one of the GDR's or Blue. It's been a complaint since WP7. Someone has to have noticed

Rewovener

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
It is indeed not good enough. Aside from mere dislike of the sound world that the MS tones seem to eminate from, many seem poorly-designed for the task of being strident and clear- so many "soft" sounds in there. As a synthesist/sound sculptor it is particularly annoying not to be able to roll my own custom tones....

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
You'd think this is something that someone on the Windows Team could probably sit down and code in a night or two, then release as a small update, it just needs to be added to the people hub like the custom ringtones. But no...we wait...and wait. I sometimes wonder what that team does at work all day.

koldmiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It is indeed not good enough. Aside from mere dislike of the sound world that the MS tones seem to eminate from, many seem poorly-designed for the task of being strident and clear- so many "soft" sounds in there. As a synthesist/sound sculptor it is particularly annoying not to be able to roll my own custom tones....

And that's a big part of my complaint...some of the tones are so soft, even with the volume turned up, it's still to quite.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
me too. It sucks to be limited down to pre-installed tones. I want to be able to choose cow or sheep sounds for my sms

imagegine the flock of sheep going of everytime You get a fb chat (lots of messages in short time, same tone with SMS).. most annoying, would kill if that happened in the office every 10 minutes ;)

Graham king

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Been waiting over twelve months for my 900 update don't think MS is going to resolve this its the most asked for update but MS just keep ignoring it :(
most people recommend getting a Android phone think its what im going to do. ( Android so customizable)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Or murlocks...

Wow, this thread was resurrected from the past. I believe this feature is alive and well now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077