Unlocking ATT Lumia 920.

unglued94ta

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
It does not matter until you have used the code, which more than likely will not work.

Many users on this forums have received codes from At&t, but they just do not work. The exclusivity will be over very shortly. Patience :)
it in fact did work. Put my T-Mobile sim in and connected auto-magically.

dknyov

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
So after few times of contacting ATT live support they said this:

Buy the phone off-contract and call ATT care number to get an unlock even if you're not an ATT customer.
I don't have the phone yet because I don't wanna pull the trigger on it because it's unclear. 3 reps I contacted pretty much said the same thing.

Then today I went to 2 att stores and guess what they said...
1. Sorry can't unlock it, go to Microsoft store and ask for unlocked phones....Not really what I asked.
2. Sorry can't unlock it, go to Best Buy and ask about unlocked Lumia 920.

I know for sure that Best Buy won't have unlocked, they don't even have a Lumia 920 on display (only the shell).

This is so confusing. Anybody else had these bad experiences searching for Lumia 920?
I just saw on Bestbuy website, and they do have Nokia Lumia 4G 920 Unlocked listed for
Sale: $720.98.

Maserati Storm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It's May 1st!!!, has anyone tried yet, im looking to buy a 920 next week and would like to know if anyone has tried calling AT&T for unlock codes.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I holding hope for a grey color unlock Lumia 920 by July! Nokia USA - customer service said they know "nothing" of a grey color Lumia 920 coming in July 2013! But it has to come sometime to the U.S. marketplace!

Maserati Storm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Grey is in russia & china, you'll have to hunt for one, Nokia has new phones coming out in the next few months, highly doubt new lumia 920 will be released then.

Pi Sin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I holding hope for a grey color unlock Lumia 920 by July! Nokia USA - customer service said they know "nothing" of a grey color Lumia 920 coming in July 2013! But it has to come sometime to the U.S. marketplace!

I have grey hehe, its available in thailand unlock full price

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep this information is correct as I was bummed about not being able to unlock the 920 yet and I'm not paying $650-700 for the Rogers or unlocked versions outside the US. So I'm waiting to see if Nokia finally announces a Lumia 920 variant for T-Mobile on the 14th. And if the specs turn out to be true that it will only be available with 16gb of storage, then I'll just buy the AT&T version(red or yellow) and get the unlock code as it will be available then. But best case scenario is that the T-Mobile variant will be on par with other versions (32gb storage) and I will not have to go through that process especially since I can put $100 down and upgrade any time.(as opposed to waiting for my full upgrade in August 2014) Ain't nobody got time for that.lol

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I found on another site that Lumia 920 may come in a dark green shell. This would be my second choice; but why does Nokia keep the grey color restricted. As most people know; international version will not work fully in any of the LTE carriers.

rush_ad

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I am going to buy a Nokia Lumia 920 with bad ESN. Do you guys think I'll be able to get an unlock code? I will be using the phone with T-Mobile.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Not from AT&T. More than likely you're going have to buy it from unlock code sellers. This may or may not be illegal, so I am saying no more on this.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Not from AT&T. More than likely you're going have to buy it from unlock code sellers. This may or may not be illegal, so I am saying no more on this.

Well the supposed six month exclusivity period should be ending this month, so you'll probably be able to get it from AT&T in a week or two.

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Well the supposed six month exclusivity period should be ending this month, so you'll probably be able to get it from AT&T in a week or two.
So exclusivity period will allow the ones that are on contracts to be able to unlock the phone?
What about the ones that bought the phone for full price and are not on att?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
So exclusivity period will allow the ones that are on contracts to be able to unlock the phone?
What about the ones that bought the phone for full price and are not on att?

I was actually talking about the ones who bought the phone for full price. I had a Lumia 900 and wasn't a customer, before the exclusivity period ended, they said they don't have an unlock code, then as soon as it was over, they magically had it and gave it to me without any hassle.

If you're under contract, then it's up to AT&T whether they want to give it to you or not.

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I am going to buy a Nokia Lumia 920 with bad ESN. Do you guys think I'll be able to get an unlock code? I will be using the phone with T-Mobile.

If it was an AT&T phone and it's IMEI is blacklisted with AT&T then it also won't work on T-Mobile. AT&T and T-Mobile are sharing IMEI blacklists. It's probably stolen. Stay away from it.

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I was actually talking about the ones who bought the phone for full price. I had a Lumia 900 and wasn't a customer, before the exclusivity period ended, they said they don't have an unlock code, then as soon as it was over, they magically had it and gave it to me without any hassle.

If you're under contract, then it's up to AT&T whether they want to give it to you or not.

So if I go buy the phone on May 9th, I can get it unlocked right away?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb