07-02-2013 02:42 PM
92 1234
tools
    Also, did you call att or what?
    Yes, I called them on 800-331-0500.
    05-09-2013 06:35 AM
    Just on phone with an AT&T representative, got my Lumia 920 Black unlock with no hassle :). May you guys will be the same.
    05-09-2013 07:10 AM
    Called ATT ... Got it unlocked in less than 5 min for FREE. You don't need to pay those on ebay or any other sites to unlock your phones if you bought the phone at full price

EDIT: If they ask where have you bought this phone... say from AT&T, even though i bought it from someone on craigslist, I dont know why they ask that crap....last but certainly not the least, AT&T SUCKS
    Last edited by Abby John; 05-09-2013 at 10:49 PM.
    iboypx and Harry Wild like this.
    05-09-2013 10:56 AM
    I just called ATT to get my unlock code. Hers my story. I had a lumia 900 not under contract from att been paying my 125 bill every month for the past year. So when I had the chance, I had purchased a lumia 920 from my Brother in law who had bought the phone outright under no contract too. So 10 days ago I put the new phone on my account and continued to use att service waiting for may 9th unlock day for lumia 920. Called ATT gave them my iMei number and just as he was going to tell me the code he paused and said my lumia 920 needed to by on their network for at least 90 days in order for them to give me the unlock code. I was like Whoa buddy I have had a lumia 900 in good standing for the past year and have had an account with you for over a year now and your telling me this BS. So I finally did what every sane person does and ask to speak to the manager. He gets on the phone and tries to explain the same situation yadaada the phone needs to be on our system so on and so forth. I was furious at this point. Went on to explain with fury that I have been paying my bill on time it’s not a stolen phone so there should be no reason not to unlock. The manager then directed me to their site that’s I guess you can request a unlock code over the web. Went to that site and they had terms and conditions on eligibility requirements for unlocking a att phone here’s the website https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/ under the terms of eligibility there’s is not a requirement that states I have to be on their service for 90 days in order for them to unlock the phone. Its funny how when I pointed this out to him he magically was able to get me a unlock code. So if any of you experience this issue just have them go to the website and have them read their eligibility requirement. TOTAL FAIL ATT…
    Harry Wild likes this.
    05-09-2013 11:42 AM
    1st time i called AT&T i told them i bought the phone from ebay, and the first person i spoke with told me they had to check the phones history, then i was told they are unable to do it because the phone was purchased by a reseller.

2nd time i told them this was a phone i paid full price for and they asked if i had a receipt to confirm i purchased it for cash, i said yes (lie).

UNLOCK CONFIRMED!.
    iboypx and Harry Wild like this.
    05-09-2013 11:58 AM
    Do what i did! and if that doesn't work keep trying.
    05-09-2013 11:59 AM
    Ladies and gentlemen,today, 5/9/13 I called AT&T and provided my IMIE#. The agent, in turn, provided me with the unlock code for the phone. i have tested it with a Family Mobile (Walmart) sim and it is indeed working. The agent did say that he wanted to verify my proof of purchase and identity since I am not an At&t customer. However, later he only requested my first and last name.
    05-09-2013 12:33 PM
    I was on Net10, called the number 800-331-0500. I pressed 2 to say that I am not calling about my phone number, pressed 1 for other settings, pressed 2 for activation. The gentleman on the other line forwarded me to another line after I informed him that the exclusivity is up, and they gave me the unlock code. I went to a nearby T-Mobile and it's officially unlocked!
    Hamdy Fayed likes this.
    05-09-2013 02:04 PM
    I was on Net10, called the number 800-331-0500. I pressed 2 to say that I am not calling about my phone number, pressed 1 for other settings, pressed 2 for activation. The gentleman on the other line forwarded me to another line after I informed him that the exclusivity is up, and they gave me the unlock code. I went to a nearby T-Mobile and it's officially unlocked!
    How's the service? do you get 3g or edge? I know this has a 1900mhz on it but not sure about 1700 and 2100 for Tmobile.
    05-09-2013 02:35 PM
    I just called ATT to get my unlock code. Hers my story. I had a lumia 900 not under contract from att been paying my 125 bill every month for the past year. So when I had the chance, I had purchased a lumia 920 from my Brother in law who had bought the phone outright under no contract too. So 10 days ago I put the new phone on my account and continued to use att service waiting for may 9th unlock day for lumia 920. Called ATT gave them my iMei number and just as he was going to tell me the code he paused and said my lumia 920 needed to by on their network for at least 90 days in order for them to give me the unlock code. I was like Whoa buddy I have had a lumia 900 in good standing for the past year and have had an account with you for over a year now and your telling me this BS. So I finally did what every sane person does and ask to speak to the manager. He gets on the phone and tries to explain the same situation yadaada the phone needs to be on our system so on and so forth. I was furious at this point. Went on to explain with fury that I have been paying my bill on time it’s not a stolen phone so there should be no reason not to unlock. The manager then directed me to their site that’s I guess you can request a unlock code over the web. Went to that site and they had terms and conditions on eligibility requirements for unlocking a att phone here’s the website https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/ under the terms of eligibility there’s is not a requirement that states I have to be on their service for 90 days in order for them to unlock the phone. Its funny how when I pointed this out to him he magically was able to get me a unlock code. So if any of you experience this issue just have them go to the website and have them read their eligibility requirement. TOTAL FAIL ATT…
    You might want to try a different rep.
    05-09-2013 02:37 PM
    i called in at the XXX 500 number and got my unlock code.

btw: i did not pay full price and i told that i need it for international travel and they gave it in 3 mins.
    05-09-2013 03:25 PM
    Called ATT ... Got it unlocked in less than 5 min for FREE. You don't need to pay those on ebay or any other sites to unlock your phones if you bought the phone at full price

mine was unlocked even though i paid only $99 (not full price)

they will unlock if you request based on international travel plan, account standing (atleast 90 days in use), etc
    05-09-2013 03:43 PM
    I was able to get my unlock code from AT&T as I've had my phone for over 6 months now, but I don't know what the unlock instructions are... they provided instructions but those require me to have another carrier's SIM card, insert it, etc.

I remember when unlocking my Lumia 900 I just had to enter a bunch of various commands in the phone dialpad and I was able to unlock it.

Can anyone provide some guidance? Thanks in advance.
    05-09-2013 04:24 PM
    Hi

I see the website which offer to unlock Lumia 920 ,
    i try this website,they really unlocked my Nokia Lumia 920 ,i would like Thanks & appreciate Team of AT&T Phone unlocking shop.They provide really good service , i hope this service provider will unlock your Nokia Lumia 920 .
    Once again thanks attphoneunlockingshop.us/
    the link of AT&T Lumia 920 unlocking code service USA AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Unlock Code - Unlock Nokia Lumia 920 from AT&T USA
    05-09-2013 05:52 PM
    Now ATT Nokia lumia 920 can unlock . i purchase the unlock from attphoneunlockingshop.us
    05-09-2013 06:03 PM
    LOOK @ these F*kn as*holes above trying to make money off people for an unlock code when IT COULD BE DONE FOR FREE BY JUST PICKING UP A PHONE AND CALLING ATT!!! Someone should like ban these users who are like advertising agents to rip people off. EVERYONE, DON'T FALL FOR THOSE WHO TELL YOU HOW EASY IT IS TO UNLOCK YOUR PHONE THROUGH A THIRD PARTY WEBSITE BECAUSE THEY ALL WANT YOUR MONEY!!!
    iboypx, ROne21 and theefman like this.
    05-09-2013 11:00 PM
    I confirm, too. I just called to AT&T customer service and got the unlock code. This guy just asked for the IMEI and gave me the code. I'm f%&/ing happy! =D
    05-11-2013 11:13 AM
    I just called AT&T and was told that I have to have the phone for at least a year before I can get my unlock code.
    Oh, we'll.. I paid 10 bucks to unlock it through one of the above web sites.
    05-11-2013 07:25 PM
    I going to still wait till Nokia sell "unlock" version of their 920 online before I venture into buying one. It seems that a lot of owners are still having trouble unlocking their phones.
    05-11-2013 08:18 PM
    I going to still wait till Nokia sell "unlock" version of their 920 online before I venture into buying one. It seems that a lot of owners are still having trouble unlocking their phones.
    On amazon, there's an unlocked Lumia 920 from att... for 399.99... but i'm not too sure about it..
    mamoranto likes this.
    05-11-2013 09:44 PM
    I had to call four times, they kept trying to tell me to do it through the damn website!, finally someone helped me out.
    05-12-2013 07:45 AM
    I called to ATT, but girl sent me to https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
    I received a letter
    "We have received your request to unlock your AT&T Mobile device. Your Request Number is: ____
    Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your AT&T Mobile device. Please retain your Request Number for future reference. In order to process your unlock request, we must receive a faxed copy of your original purchase receipt reflecting purchase from AT&T or an AT&T Authorized Representative.
    Please fax us a copy of the receipt including your Request Number and IMEI to 1-214-782-6442 within 48 hours. You will receive the status of your request at the email address you provided within 48 generally, but it may take up to 5 business days.
    Your request is subject to AT&T Mobile device unlocking requirements. If we have further questions or instructions, we'll contact you by email.
    You may also check the status of your unlock request by clicking the link for AT&T's Device Unlock Status Portal."
    where can I get a check? I have invoce by ebay. I sent invoce to fax with IMEI and Request Number
    but next letter
    "Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your iPhone.
    We are unable to complete your request at this time due to the following reason:
    Faxed documentation is ineligible or not received.
    You may also check the status of your unlock request by clicking the link for AT&T's Device Unlock Status Portal."
    maybe can someone help me?
    my English by phone is terrible ((
    05-12-2013 03:13 PM
    I called to ATT, but girl sent me to https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
    I received a letter
    "We have received your request to unlock your AT&T Mobile device. Your Request Number is: ____
    Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your AT&T Mobile device. Please retain your Request Number for future reference. In order to process your unlock request, we must receive a faxed copy of your original purchase receipt reflecting purchase from AT&T or an AT&T Authorized Representative.
    Please fax us a copy of the receipt including your Request Number and IMEI to 1-214-782-6442 within 48 hours. You will receive the status of your request at the email address you provided within 48 generally, but it may take up to 5 business days.
    Your request is subject to AT&T Mobile device unlocking requirements. If we have further questions or instructions, we'll contact you by email.
    where can I get a check? I have invoce by ebay. I sent invoce to fax with IMEI and Request Number
    but next letter
    "Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your iPhone.
    We are unable to complete your request at this time due to the following reason:
    Faxed documentation is ineligible or not received.
    maybe can someone help me?
    my English by phone is terrible ((
    I had to call 4 times before someone gave me an unlock code, keep calling, someone will give you a code.
    05-12-2013 05:54 PM

same here... but i bought it from at&t online with a contract of 2 years... after 2 months of bills, i called them to end this contract so i only had to pay $ 350 for terminating the service... the Representative then Emailed me the unlock code with how-to instructions. i went to t-mobile, got the service after unlocking my phone.. now it's like an at&t nightmare is over...
    05-13-2013 04:09 AM
    I bought my phone from a guy on craigslist and using net10 at the moment.

So, I'm don't have proof of purchase or ATT account, nothing.

Last night, I went to the international support website AT&T Wireless Travel & International Support - Make International Calls

and use the livechat, give him my imei number, and he gave me the unlock code, 20 digits. The whole process took less than 5 minutes.

I guess nice people are working at ATT or I'm extremely lucky.

Edit: The agent did mention proof of purchase or att account, but I think those are automatic message.I just said I don't have them since I bought it from a random guy, and ask for a unlock code, and he gave me.
    iboypx likes this.
    05-13-2013 07:37 AM
92 1234