Unlocking ATT Lumia 920.

ARVI_SD

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i called in at the XXX 500 number and got my unlock code.

btw: i did not pay full price and i told that i need it for international travel and they gave it in 3 mins.

ARVI_SD

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Called ATT ... Got it unlocked in less than 5 min for FREE. You don't need to pay those on ebay or any other sites to unlock your phones if you bought the phone at full price

mine was unlocked even though i paid only $99 (not full price)

they will unlock if you request based on international travel plan, account standing (atleast 90 days in use), etc

avazee

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get my unlock code from AT&T as I've had my phone for over 6 months now, but I don't know what the unlock instructions are... they provided instructions but those require me to have another carrier's SIM card, insert it, etc.

I remember when unlocking my Lumia 900 I just had to enter a bunch of various commands in the phone dialpad and I was able to unlock it.

Can anyone provide some guidance? Thanks in advance.

sumear900

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Abby John

May 9, 2013
Visit site
LOOK @ these F*kn as*holes above trying to make money off people for an unlock code when IT COULD BE DONE FOR FREE BY JUST PICKING UP A PHONE AND CALLING ATT!!! Someone should like ban these users who are like advertising agents to rip people off. EVERYONE, DON'T FALL FOR THOSE WHO TELL YOU HOW EASY IT IS TO UNLOCK YOUR PHONE THROUGH A THIRD PARTY WEBSITE BECAUSE THEY ALL WANT YOUR MONEY!!!

nx009

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I confirm, too. I just called to AT&T customer service and got the unlock code. This guy just asked for the IMEI and gave me the code. I'm f%&/ing happy! =D

D K2

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just called AT&T and was told that I have to have the phone for at least a year before I can get my unlock code.
Oh, we'll.. I paid 10 bucks to unlock it through one of the above web sites.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I going to still wait till Nokia sell "unlock" version of their 920 online before I venture into buying one. It seems that a lot of owners are still having trouble unlocking their phones.

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I going to still wait till Nokia sell "unlock" version of their 920 online before I venture into buying one. It seems that a lot of owners are still having trouble unlocking their phones.

On amazon, there's an unlocked Lumia 920 from att... for 399.99... but i'm not too sure about it..

Jan Tserin

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I called to ATT, but girl sent me to https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...viceunlock%2Fclient%2Fen_US%2F&token=Oo72Ny8j
I received a letter
"We have received your request to unlock your AT&T Mobile device. Your Request Number is: ____
Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your AT&T Mobile device. Please retain your Request Number for future reference. In order to process your unlock request, we must receive a faxed copy of your original purchase receipt reflecting purchase from AT&T or an AT&T Authorized Representative.
Please fax us a copy of the receipt including your Request Number and IMEI to 1-214-782-6442 within 48 hours. You will receive the status of your request at the email address you provided within 48 generally, but it may take up to 5 business days.
Your request is subject to AT&T Mobile device unlocking requirements. If we have further questions or instructions, we'll contact you by email.
You may also check the status of your unlock request by clicking the link for AT&T's Device Unlock Status Portal."
where can I get a check? I have invoce by ebay. I sent invoce to fax with IMEI and Request Number
but next letter
"Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your iPhone.
We are unable to complete your request at this time due to the following reason:
Faxed documentation is ineligible or not received.
You may also check the status of your unlock request by clicking the link for AT&T's Device Unlock Status Portal."
maybe can someone help me?
my English by phone is terrible ((

Maserati Storm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I called to ATT, but girl sent me to https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...viceunlock%2Fclient%2Fen_US%2F&token=DRYBPfeK
I received a letter
"We have received your request to unlock your AT&T Mobile device. Your Request Number is: ____
Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your AT&T Mobile device. Please retain your Request Number for future reference. In order to process your unlock request, we must receive a faxed copy of your original purchase receipt reflecting purchase from AT&T or an AT&T Authorized Representative.
Please fax us a copy of the receipt including your Request Number and IMEI to 1-214-782-6442 within 48 hours. You will receive the status of your request at the email address you provided within 48 generally, but it may take up to 5 business days.
Your request is subject to AT&T Mobile device unlocking requirements. If we have further questions or instructions, we'll contact you by email.
where can I get a check? I have invoce by ebay. I sent invoce to fax with IMEI and Request Number
but next letter
"Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your iPhone.
We are unable to complete your request at this time due to the following reason:
Faxed documentation is ineligible or not received.
maybe can someone help me?
my English by phone is terrible ((

I had to call 4 times before someone gave me an unlock code, keep calling, someone will give you a code.

Hamdy Fayed

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I was on Net10, called the number 800-331-0500. I pressed 2 to say that I am not calling about my phone number, pressed 1 for other settings, pressed 2 for activation. The gentleman on the other line forwarded me to another line after I informed him that the exclusivity is up, and they gave me the unlock code. I went to a nearby T-Mobile and it's officially unlocked!

same here... but i bought it from at&t online with a contract of 2 years... after 2 months of bills, i called them to end this contract so i only had to pay $ 350 for terminating the service... the Representative then Emailed me the unlock code with how-to instructions. i went to t-mobile, got the service after unlocking my phone.. now it's like an at&t nightmare is over...

Shenglong Lin1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought my phone from a guy on craigslist and using net10 at the moment.

So, I'm don't have proof of purchase or ATT account, nothing.

Last night, I went to the international support website AT&T Wireless Travel & International Support - Make International Calls

and use the livechat, give him my imei number, and he gave me the unlock code, 20 digits. The whole process took less than 5 minutes.

I guess nice people are working at ATT or I'm extremely lucky.

Edit: The agent did mention proof of purchase or att account, but I think those are automatic message.I just said I don't have them since I bought it from a random guy, and ask for a unlock code, and he gave me.

Jan Tserin

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought my phone from a guy on craigslist and using net10 at the moment.

So, I'm don't have proof of purchase or ATT account, nothing.

Last night, I went to the international support website AT&T Wireless Travel & International Support - Make International Calls

and use the livechat, give him my imei number, and he gave me the unlock code, 20 digits. The whole process took less than 5 minutes.

I guess nice people are working at ATT or I'm extremely lucky.

Edit: The agent did mention proof of purchase or att account, but I think those are automatic message.I just said I don't have them since I bought it from a random guy, and ask for a unlock code, and he gave me.
Unfortunately for the livechat is needed "Wireless account login"

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought my 920 new off contract in March, but I have a GS3 on contact. At&t gave me a code on the 9th for the 920, no questions asked. Ok, they did ask for the imei # :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

cheapren

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I called ATT today to unlock my new lumia 920 and provided the IMEI #, but the Rep told me he just did not find the unlock code in their system. Anyone knows why? thanks,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss