Unlocking ATT Lumia 920.

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
So after few times of contacting ATT live support they said this:

Buy the phone off-contract and call ATT care number to get an unlock even if you're not an ATT customer.
I don't have the phone yet because I don't wanna pull the trigger on it because it's unclear. 3 reps I contacted pretty much said the same thing.

Then today I went to 2 att stores and guess what they said...
1. Sorry can't unlock it, go to Microsoft store and ask for unlocked phones....Not really what I asked.
2. Sorry can't unlock it, go to Best Buy and ask about unlocked Lumia 920.

I know for sure that Best Buy won't have unlocked, they don't even have a Lumia 920 on display (only the shell).

This is so confusing. Anybody else had these bad experiences searching for Lumia 920?

Last edited:

iboypx

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
i bought Nokia Lumia 920 Black At&t about 2 weeks ago... not yet unlocked.. if anyone can help me let me know ... thank you

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Call 1-800-331-0500 and ask for an unlock code.
That's what ATT live support told me, but I didn't because I don't have the phone yet.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Call 1-800-331-0500 and ask for an unlock code.
That's what ATT live support told me, but I didn't because I don't have the phone yet.

Called the number and spoke with tech support to unlock my phone. I gave them the IMEI number but since I purchased mine through an upgrade, I have to wait till May before I can get the unlock code. Something about length of time since purchase and it looks like that wait is about 12 months. If you are buying your phone off-contract, I doubt that you will have any sort of wait.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
All AT&T exclusive devices (like the Lumia 920) have a 6 month no unlock period after launch. So that gets you to May 9th (launched Nov 9th) After that, if you are no-contract full price purchase you can unlock right away, if on contract you usually need to have had the device for 90 days and have an account in good standing, although that 90 day period may be shorter if you are a long-time customer and/or a premier customer.

PicodeGalla

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had my phone since Feb. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. Waiting until May...I actually hate AT$T right now and other companies that are forcing consumers to use the their services because of exclusivity rights.

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
3 reps I contacted on ATT live support said that if I bought the phone off contract for full price (449.99) and then called the number, they would unlock it.
I guess us non ATT people will have to wait until may to have an unlocked Lumia 920. :cry:

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
i calld att few times. the rep. was trying to help me and he went over 2 super v. but nothing they don't give it tiil may.
i was begging them becuse i had to leave the u.s for a month and i offer to pay for the code but nothing helped me

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
3 reps I contacted on ATT live support said that if I bought the phone off contract for full price (449.99) and then called the number, they would unlock it.
I guess us non ATT people will have to wait until may to have an unlocked Lumia 920. :cry:

Don't believe them. I ran into this problem when I bought my Veer off contract and my 900, and again with my 920. They say they'll unlock it for you (because they will if it is off contract), but then when you give them the IMEI # they say they don't have the unlock codes, because AT&T doesn't offer them until after the exclusive window is over.

unglued94ta

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm new. Ok got that out of the way. Bought mine off contract full price. Received it today. Called AT&T. they claimed Nokia wouldn't give them the unlock code. I say that's bs. If they don't give it to me, I'm thinking about sending the phone back. Wanted to try windows phone since I'm currently an android guy. This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

sillygirls

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
i bought Nokia Lumia 920 Black At&t about 2 weeks ago... not yet unlocked.. if anyone can help me let me know ... thank you

There are certain online sites providing unlock code for Nokia Lumia 920. You can get the unlock code form any reliable one among them. Once you have got the unlock code, You can visit www.mobileunlockguide.com This site provides free unlocking instructions. This could help you understand unlocking process better.

unglued94ta

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Called them back end of last week and expressed the need for an unlock code. The person at the call center said it wasn't eligible till mid may. I expressed how I thought that was unfair since I paid full price for it. She asked if I wanted it escalated and have a case opened. I said yes. Fast forward to today. I got my unlock code. Haven't tried it yet but wanted to report to the other people who have been getting the run around.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Called them back end of last week and expressed the need for an unlock code. The person at the call center said it wasn't eligible till mid may. I expressed how I thought that was unfair since I paid full price for it. She asked if I wanted it escalated and have a case opened. I said yes. Fast forward to today. I got my unlock code. Haven't tried it yet but wanted to report to the other people who have been getting the run around.

It does not matter until you have used the code, which more than likely will not work.

Many users on this forums have received codes from At&t, but they just do not work. The exclusivity will be over very shortly. Patience :)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Is this method working at&t Nokia Lumia 920? many guys are saying its works.. did anyone checked it?
How to Unlock Nokia Lumia 920 - Free - YouTube

I actually checked this out; the problem is the Serial Key. It means the Serial Key for the app, and that is impossible to get without downloading a lot of junk and applying for 50 credit cards and ordering a bunch of weight loss diet stuff and...

In short, if you can get it to work that's great, but I couldn't.

cellneuron

Aug 26, 2005
Visit site
I actually checked this out; the problem is the Serial Key. It means the Serial Key for the app, and that is impossible to get without downloading a lot of junk and applying for 50 credit cards and ordering a bunch of weight loss diet stuff and...

In short, if you can get it to work that's great, but I couldn't.

Man, it is a so OBVIOUS scam.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa