Unlocking ATT Lumia 920.

iboypx

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me... Got this mail after contacting through Twitter and official page of At&t
Hi F*****,

You and I were interacting on Twitter about the unlock code that you need for your Nokia 920. I just wanted to let you know that the date you were provided on May 9th is an approximation for when the code will be available. This information was not supposed to be provided because if we dont have the code for you on that date, you will be more upset with us. We will be able to unlock the device in June and if you would like to send another request then we will be able to assist you.

I am sorry for all of the incorrect information that you were given. There are customers that will jailbreak their phones if they need to use them before we have the unlock codes available. We do not encourage this and I would advise to wait until June so that you get the correct information and your device warranty is not voided.

We will not be able to assist with a device unlock for the Nokia 920 at this time and I apologize for all the frustration again.

J***, Social Media Manager
myAT&T Social Media Team
Check out our support center: AT&T Customer Service - Wireless, Internet, U-verse & Home Phone Support

kjmcintosh

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine, I ordered today from cellunlocker.net got the code about an hour later, not tried it yet
Price was good only $15

B H

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Are you att customer or did you buy the phone full price?

Former customer. Went back to Tmobile USA. I paid my break (ETF) fee a couple months ago so I met the conditions for the unlock.

Update - as soon as I unlocked it asked me to update the Access Point app. Tmobile LTE was the only APN setting listed so I selected it. I now have MMS working and LTE in all it's glory. I'm in the Washington DC metro area. I'm so happy this was so easy. Well worth the wait.

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Former customer. Went back to Tmobile USA. I paid my break (ETF) fee a couple months ago so I met the conditions for the unlock.

Update - as soon as I unlocked it asked me to update the Access Point app. Tmobile LTE was the only APN setting listed so I selected it. I now have MMS working and LTE in all it's glory. I'm in the Washington DC metro area. I'm so happy this was so easy. Well worth the wait.

I'm 40 mins away from DC. I'm not att customer but their unlocking rules say if you bought the phone outright you can still get it unlocked?
Also, did you call att or what?

Abby John

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Called ATT ... Got it unlocked in less than 5 min for FREE. You don't need to pay those on ebay or any other sites to unlock your phones if you bought the phone at full price

EDIT: If they ask where have you bought this phone... say from AT&T, even though i bought it from someone on craigslist, I dont know why they ask that crap....last but certainly not the least, AT&T SUCKS

Last edited:

Jance Hayworth

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I just called ATT to get my unlock code. Hers my story. I had a lumia 900 not under contract from att been paying my 125 bill every month for the past year. So when I had the chance, I had purchased a lumia 920 from my Brother in law who had bought the phone outright under no contract too. So 10 days ago I put the new phone on my account and continued to use att service waiting for may 9th unlock day for lumia 920. Called ATT gave them my iMei number and just as he was going to tell me the code he paused and said my lumia 920 needed to by on their network for at least 90 days in order for them to give me the unlock code. I was like Whoa buddy I have had a lumia 900 in good standing for the past year and have had an account with you for over a year now and your telling me this BS. So I finally did what every sane person does and ask to speak to the manager. He gets on the phone and tries to explain the same situation yadaada the phone needs to be on our system so on and so forth. I was furious at this point. Went on to explain with fury that I have been paying my bill on time it’s not a stolen phone so there should be no reason not to unlock. The manager then directed me to their site that’s I guess you can request a unlock code over the web. Went to that site and they had terms and conditions on eligibility requirements for unlocking a att phone here’s the website https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...viceunlock%2Fclient%2Fen_US%2F&token=G0bbfEY6 under the terms of eligibility there’s is not a requirement that states I have to be on their service for 90 days in order for them to unlock the phone. Its funny how when I pointed this out to him he magically was able to get me a unlock code. So if any of you experience this issue just have them go to the website and have them read their eligibility requirement. TOTAL FAIL ATT…

Sabah Ayad

May 9, 2013
Visit site
1st time i called AT&T i told them i bought the phone from ebay, and the first person i spoke with told me they had to check the phones history, then i was told they are unable to do it because the phone was purchased by a reseller.

2nd time i told them this was a phone i paid full price for and they asked if i had a receipt to confirm i purchased it for cash, i said yes (lie).

UNLOCK CONFIRMED!.

shadowless

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen,today, 5/9/13 I called AT&T and provided my IMIE#. The agent, in turn, provided me with the unlock code for the phone. i have tested it with a Family Mobile (Walmart) sim and it is indeed working. The agent did say that he wanted to verify my proof of purchase and identity since I am not an At&t customer. However, later he only requested my first and last name.

Magedo

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I was on Net10, called the number 800-331-0500. I pressed 2 to say that I am not calling about my phone number, pressed 1 for other settings, pressed 2 for activation. The gentleman on the other line forwarded me to another line after I informed him that the exclusivity is up, and they gave me the unlock code. I went to a nearby T-Mobile and it's officially unlocked!

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I was on Net10, called the number 800-331-0500. I pressed 2 to say that I am not calling about my phone number, pressed 1 for other settings, pressed 2 for activation. The gentleman on the other line forwarded me to another line after I informed him that the exclusivity is up, and they gave me the unlock code. I went to a nearby T-Mobile and it's officially unlocked!

How's the service? do you get 3g or edge? I know this has a 1900mhz on it but not sure about 1700 and 2100 for Tmobile.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I just called ATT to get my unlock code. Hers my story. I had a lumia 900 not under contract from att been paying my 125 bill every month for the past year. So when I had the chance, I had purchased a lumia 920 from my Brother in law who had bought the phone outright under no contract too. So 10 days ago I put the new phone on my account and continued to use att service waiting for may 9th unlock day for lumia 920. Called ATT gave them my iMei number and just as he was going to tell me the code he paused and said my lumia 920 needed to by on their network for at least 90 days in order for them to give me the unlock code. I was like Whoa buddy I have had a lumia 900 in good standing for the past year and have had an account with you for over a year now and your telling me this BS. So I finally did what every sane person does and ask to speak to the manager. He gets on the phone and tries to explain the same situation yadaada the phone needs to be on our system so on and so forth. I was furious at this point. Went on to explain with fury that I have been paying my bill on time it’s not a stolen phone so there should be no reason not to unlock. The manager then directed me to their site that’s I guess you can request a unlock code over the web. Went to that site and they had terms and conditions on eligibility requirements for unlocking a att phone here’s the website https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...viceunlock%2Fclient%2Fen_US%2F&token=cCjCkWGN under the terms of eligibility there’s is not a requirement that states I have to be on their service for 90 days in order for them to unlock the phone. Its funny how when I pointed this out to him he magically was able to get me a unlock code. So if any of you experience this issue just have them go to the website and have them read their eligibility requirement. TOTAL FAIL ATT…

You might want to try a different rep.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos