Nokia Lumia 920 "1308 firmware updated" - India - Delhi - Results are +ve

Sunny Bhatnagar

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to clear out some confusions on the new firmware for our Nokia Lumia 920 for India Users. Last night I received this update OTA and I upgraded the firmware.
Since then I have the below mentioned findings:-

1. I can use the 3G/2G connection at the same speeds as I used to get before upgrade.
2. Screen brightness is perfectly fine. Not much of a difference to me.
3. Storage Check works just fine and couldn't find any "fuss" about it.
4. Battery is something which I need to check in coming days but as of now it seems to be fine. "Make sure you disable GPS, WIFI" when they are not in use to save those extra "mah" in your phone battery.

Rest all is fine, no problems faced by me since the upgrade. Incase you faced any issues (Only India Lumia 920 Users), then let me know we can try to get it fixed.

Thanks for your time in reading my post ! Cheers !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Guys, As on 12-April @ 19:00 PM
I just received the Display+touch update prompt on the Windows App store ....Post updation, I restarted my phone... went into Settings > Display+Touch.... Couldn't find the Lumia Color Profile settings or any new settings... :unhappysweat:

Last edited:

flair77

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
So is the 1308 available for download OTA? Been waiting since ages, I live in Kuwait but have my location set to the US. Will go home and check on wifi :)

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
That's great news! Please keep us posted with your experience on the firmware..If the overall reports are positive, I'll go ahead with it.:)

Thanks
Nilesh

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Updated today morning. So far no problems at all. I have noticed that the vibration is much much better now.. no more rattling sound. Also I'm getting H+ now instead of just H before. Photos look slightly better. So far so good :)

Sunny Bhatnagar

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Updated today morning. So far no problems at all. I have noticed that the vibration is much much better now.. no more rattling sound. Also I'm getting H+ now instead of just H before. Photos look slightly better. So far so good :)

its all down to the signal for that area..

H+ is 3G.

H+ is in the the highest mode group of transfer the SII supports.

It goes:

2G:
GPRS (G)
EDGE (E)

3G:
UMTS (3G)
HSDPA (H)
HSPA+ (H+)

Sunny Bhatnagar

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
That's great news! Please keep us posted with your experience on the firmware..If the overall reports are positive, I'll go ahead with it.:)

Thanks
Nilesh

I think its safe to go ahead... battery life is also fine per me for now.. not other issues reported... H+ aka 3G is a little bit more speedy now..

Sunny Bhatnagar

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
i was having this problem before the firmware update http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/219599-lumia-920-touch-not-responding-properly.html, but now its fixed and am very happy about this issue being fixed...
also i use to get 3g @ my house now i get H+
I dont see much of a difference in the photos.
I think there is a battery issue, its was better before... anyways will check again and confirm.

Thanks man ! Hope everyone keeps updating about there experience so that we all know about any hidden bugs with the firmware... :)

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
All the connectivity problems with 1308 are MAINLY for americans (hence they stopped the rollout of the update there only).
Here in australia everything is much better since 1308, especially battery!

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Guys, Please HELP!

Just updated to the new firm ware. Nokia Lumia 920, to firmware 1308.0001

But, when I select the 'storage check' , the new screen opens, but it just keeps on loading!

The overview is keeps on loading, the apps and media files' storage is showing --

And, when, i move the window to details, even then it keeps on loading. Nothing is showing up. All the storage data are just blank, and the typical loading symbol at the top keeps on loading...

Attaching a screen shot:

wp_ss_20130409_0002.png wp_ss_20130409_0003.png

PLEASE help!

What to do!?

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Guys, Please HELP!

But, when I select the 'storage check' , the new screen opens, but it just keeps on loading!

The overview is keeps on loading, the apps and media files' storage is showing --

And, when, i move the window to details, even then it keeps on loading. Nothing is showing up. All the storage data are just blank, and the typical loading symbol at the top keeps on loading...

Attaching a screen shot:

View attachment 31969 View attachment 31968

PLEASE help!

What to do!?
Well , I have 820 , loads the ring 3 times and shows things fine.

Tried restarting the device ?

Sunny Bhatnagar

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Guys, Please HELP!

Attaching a screen shot:

View attachment 31969 View attachment 31968

PLEASE help!

What to do!?

Try the following:-
1. Power off the mobile and keep it powered off for 10 mins.
2. Secondly, try resetting the phone from Settings > Reset Your Phone --- "You will loose all your data so make sure you backup all you files, photos, sms etc."

Post us the results if it works...

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Try the following:-
1. Power off the mobile and keep it powered off for 10 mins.
2. Secondly, try resetting the phone from Settings > Reset Your Phone --- "You will loose all your data so make sure you backup all you files, photos, sms etc."

Post us the results if it works...

I tried powering off for sometime & then turning on back after a while. Still didn't work.

Any other option other than reseting? Cause I got some good apps from the store. I don't want to lose them.

garfieldm89

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
u can backup all ur settings and do a reset. After that all your apps will be reinstalled automatically. Make sure you have full battery with wifi

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried powering off for sometime & then turning on back after a while. Still didn't work.

Any other option other than reseting? Cause I got some good apps from the store. I don't want to lose them.

Before doing a reset from the settings menu, try a soft reset and see if it helps.
Press the volume down and the power button together for around 10 seconds till the phone vibrates to do a soft reset.

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I too updated mine in this morning. Update went smooth.
I get better connectivity. Before update I used to consistently get 3 bars, now I consistently get 4-5.
I don't use 2g/3g cause i'm always on wifi.
Haven't noticed any other difference other than this better connectivity.
No idea about battery life, will have to wait for a couple of days.
Guys, go ahead with the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb