Nokia Lumia 920 "1308 firmware updated" - India - Delhi - Results are +ve

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
are there any noticeable improvements to the proximity sensor issue ?

Not that I know of. I did not have proximity sensor issues, and after the update it's the same. No difference.
Probably those who had proximity sensor issues before the update can better comment.

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
The Wifi connection was not affected on my device, you can check the screenshot below.The First result and the third result are at my house and the second and last are at my office. I see similar speeds at home, but I have to check the speed at office.

The network now shows HSPA+ but I agree the speed is considerably less on data connection, I have to further test this out.

View attachment 32046

As far as battery goes, I am still analyzing the usage.

Wow, lucky you.

I'm in the same boat as Maverick786us:
my wifi connection sux. For downloading a mere 1MB application it gets stucked and says attention required. I have to restart the download.

Same problem as Maverick. Even an app as small as 1 mb gets stuck and says attention required. I have to tap to retry.

Sunny Bhatnagar

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Guys, keep posting and please do paticipate in the Poll... for those who are facing issues... i will suggest them to do a soft-reset and then test again.
If it doesn't work, then a hard reset... if it doesn't work... then take it to the Nokia Care centre and get the firmware reverted to the old one... they will do it free of cost..and no risk of "Bricking" your phone

chetan_merchant

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
How do you get rid of others in storage chk app...i have over 2 GB of space there but cannot free it...
Also about color themes no new color schemes have been added...
The update is modest truly cannot appreciate great deal of change in the functionality of my 920...

Adanma Anji

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My proximity sensor issue has been fixed !!! luvin d firmware update !! will wait to c how things go (on dat front) in d weeks to come.
No problems faced so far on wifi speeds , or data speeds.
Like the rest have been getting H+ , and battery life seems d same (which was abt 18 hrs fr me)

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why you guys are facing battery drain issues with this latest firmware update. I was facing battery drain problems previously before taking this update. But after this update the battery life has improved tremendously! My last recharge was 12 hours back and still have 81% battery left.

Also during this time Either WIFI or 3G data is always ON on my phone alongwith the location services! I have whatsapp, facebook, twitter, skype and Viber installed alongwith other apps as well!

syroox

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
hi....even i got the update notification in my lumia 920 since yesterday.but the thing is that i had downloaded only 9mb file after installing again it shows another update is ready to download and even after pressing download option shows downloading updates 0% for long hours and after sometime shows need to connect to wifi.can it be updated by using mobile 3g data or it can only be downloaded with wifi.need help

VikasShetty

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I updated the Lumia 920 on 10th April 2013 around 11am. Since then i have noticed the following changes :
  • Network signals are not dropping
  • H+ instead of H in the notification bar on top
  • Option to change the Touch Sensitivity of phone
  • Better Battery life & phone Vibrator is much more better
  • But i can't see the 'STORAGE CHECK' option in the settings. whicih is wierd. i donno whats wrong. i restarted the phone too. Any suggestion to get this ???

Last edited:

Sunny Bhatnagar

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
hi....even i got the update notification in my lumia 920 since yesterday.but the thing is that i had downloaded only 9mb file after installing again it shows another update is ready to download and even after pressing download option shows downloading updates 0% for long hours and after sometime shows need to connect to wifi.can it be updated by using mobile 3g data or it can only be downloaded with wifi.need help

Please use "only" wifi to upgrade

Sunny Bhatnagar

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I updated the Lumia 920 on 10th April 2013 around 11am. Since then i have noticed the following changes :
  • Network signals are not dropping
  • H+ instead of H in the notification bar on top
  • Option to change the Touch Sensitivity of phone
  • Better Battery life
  • But i can't see the 'STORAGE CHECK' option in the settings. whicih is wierd. i donno whats wrong. i restarted the phone too. Any suggestion to get this ???

try doing a soft reset and see if it works....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion