Bluetooth no longer reading my texts after firmware update

imscavok

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So I updated my AT&T Lumia 920 firmware last weekend and since then my Ford Sync will no longer notify/read my text messages. Phone calls still come in and go out with no problems, and I can play music. I verified my Settings -> Speech "Read aloud incoming text messages" was on for Bluetooth devices, but no luck. This is critical for me, and it's driving me nuts when I miss messages because I'm driving.

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Try this - while not driving use your windows search with voice. I think you need to give it permission to do this, then it should work.

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
just tried it with no luck. i'm wondering if this has to do with Nokia Extras + info messing anything up. nobody else is having this issue?
i'm running update 3 and i checked Settings > Speech to make sure Read aloud incoming text messages was on and set to Bluetooth still. does anyone have any thoughts on this?

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i think i just found the fix for this in an older microsoft thread. apparently it will not read texts aloud if the volume on the phone is set to 00. the volume must be 01 or greater for it to work. thanks for the help though. appreciated the suggestion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb