Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update - Eastern and Central Europe users

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing that firmware updates are delivered by region and thus wanted to start a thread for Lumia 920 users in Central and Eastern Europe regarding the 1308 update.I'm targeting Central and Eastern Europe (Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Chech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Serbia, Croatia,Slovenia, Austria) to gather as much relevant information as possible for all the Lumia 920 users in these countries.

Please post if you got the update, your country and carrier, if you use 3G or 4G, whether it's an unlocked or a locked phone and, most importantly, give as detailed feedback about the phone performance after being updated.

Unfortunately I haven't got the update yet in Romania. I'm using a yellow Lumia 920 locked on Orange, running Portico preinstalled. On a personal note I have to say my 920 is trouble free for the 2 weeks that I've owned it. Everything is running perfectly and, maybe I'm lucky, but in general I get 1 day of battery life with moderate usage. Stand-by battery time seems to be great and I seem to lose only 5% of battery during the night.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Last edited:

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I haven't received any update on my unlocked Hong Kong 920 though it was reported that Hong Kong has gotten it already a few days ago

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't received any update on my unlocked Hong Kong 920 though it was reported that Hong Kong has gotten it already a few days ago

Thanks for your feedback but this thread was started for Eastern and Central Europe. Do you use your Hong Kong 920 phone in Europe?

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I am from Serbia, however, I own a Lumia920 from France, 059Q8C2 model, or RM-821_eu_france_267, 000_FR for operator name, and the configuration ID is 150675. I had it updated about 10 days ago, via normal OTA update that the phone has notified me of.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I am from Serbia, however, I own a Lumia920 from France, 059Q8C2 model, or RM-821_eu_france_267, 000_FR for operator name, and the configuration ID is 150675. I had it updated about 10 days ago, via normal OTA update that the phone has notified me of.

Miodrage, what about the performance of the phone after the update? What are the improvments? Any problems brought by the update? How is battery life post update?

Biostud

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
If the roll out of 1308 follows the same pattern as Portico, I will be one of the last to get it. Seems like those not locked to an operator get the updates last.

abogdan

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 920 black bought from Vodafone Romania. It was supply with fw: 5951 but with software from Vodafone DE.
No update available yet.
I saw in Navifirm that Orange Romania has a 1308 fw ready and I was wondering why they didn't rolling out yet.

calo amzov

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
No update still in Bulgaria. but i have to say my phone is RM-821_eu_euro2_268 from VOD-DE Because i bought it in early december here in Bulgaria
never locked to an operator, and it works in Germany. So i used Nokia Care to update it to 1308.0007 and I'm not experiencing any problems so far.
But i don't have the storage thingamajig that everybody is crazy about.........

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have Lumia 920 black bought from Vodafone Romania. It was supply with fw: 5951 but with software from Vodafone DE.
No update available yet.
I saw in Navifirm that Orange Romania has a 1308 fw ready and I was wondering why they didn't rolling out yet.

IInteresting update, Bogdan. I guess I should expect the update any time if it exists in Navifirm. I wonder if the update brings real improvements.

Thanks!

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes but you don't have the latest update yet. What you have is the Portico update.
I am going to need some help then because mine is from Rogers Canada, I am in the USA and when I try to update, it says I am up to date. HELP !!
I just called Rogers and the Tech support person said that mine (Portico) is the most recent update for my phone.. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No update available yet.

Is the attached file the updated firmware you are referring to?

Attachments

• Navifirm.png
    Navifirm.png
    254.2 KB · Views: 47

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Suedezu: the update is excellent, at least for me. I now have around 50% longer battery life, the proximity sensor issue is solved, no SODs (with Portico I had several of them)... So basically, I am pretty pleased with the update.

Fidy13

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have my Nokia Lumia 920 since one week. Unfortunately I have problems, because whinin this week it crashes three times. I would like to install a newer version of the firmware because my current verison is 1232.5951.1249.1002. In the software update no new version is available.

Can anyone tell me, how I can update my smartphone?

Thanks,
Fidy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo