Nokia Lumia 920 one of Shop Smart Mag's "Next Big Things"

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got the May 2013 issue of Shop Smart Magazine. The Nokia Lumia 920 is featured as one of "The Next Big Things: Tech trends and products you'll love." They call it a "Wireless Wonder". A yellow Lumia 920 is pictured on the first page of the article and the short caption reads, "This is one of the most advanced phones we've tested. Its wireless capabilities are exciting: You can charge it without plugging it in, and it uses technology called near-field communication (NFC) to connect to Bluetooth headsets and speakers."
I'm surprised they made no mention of the camera: image stabilization and low-light photography. Still, to be given the stamp of approval by Shop Smart magazine (published by Consumer Reports) is good publicity.

operauser

Banned
Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Its wireless capabilities are exciting: You can charge it without plugging it in, and it uses technology called near-field communication (NFC) to connect to Bluetooth headsets and speakers.".
Do i have to plug in that wireless charger or it just generates electricity with some alien magic or nuclear (steam,solar coal hydro) power.Do i understand correctly (repair if not) - instead of plugging in a phone charger i can plug in a wireless charger?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Do i have to plug in that wireless charger or it just generates electricity with some alien magic or nuclear (steam,solar coal hydro) power.Do i understand correctly (repair if not) - instead of plugging in a phone charger i can plug in a wireless charger?

The wireless charger is a passive device that you plug in to the wall plug and then just lay your wireless capable phone on it. It charges through the cover and even through most protective cases. I have the Nokia 822 and really love this feature. You can, of course, charge the normal way by connecting the AC adaptor to the phone for charging; I prefer the wireless method.

Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05