Latest update...phone seems much quicker...

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
As title states, my phone seems much quicker after the 1314 update. I really don't think it's a placebo effect, as my brother texted me (he has the l920 as well) saying the same thing. Transitions seem to be much quicker.

What have you guys noticed?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I must concur. Transitions seem smoother and apps appear to load faster. One app that usually takes a bit of time to open is Flixster and that seemed to load much faster. And again, the transitions are noticeably smoother. I like! :grin:

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I thought so too. The only lag is with the Music playing app. If I have an album playing and swipe to go to the next track the graphics lag and sometime the audio does to.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
The last step in an update is to reboot the phone. That will sometimes make any device perform a little faster, at least for a while. Perhaps that's it?

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have definitely noticed the snappier response. It's very noticeable on Skype which would take forever to load but now opens in about a second. Glad data is finally working normally again after the update.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I did a little test with my wife's 920 and mine after I updated because I too felt it was a little faster. Most thing were the same speed, but some apps such as WPcentral were a bit faster.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Ditto to what others are saying. After the update, I felt as if the phone was "snappy". Everything seems to happen much quicker.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I thought so too. The only lag is with the Music playing app. If I have an album playing and swipe to go to the next track the graphics lag and sometime the audio does to.

Geez i always thought that was just me. Such a step backwards from the silky smooth WP7 music experience.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but i've been going through my music collection and correctly sorting the ID3v2 tag info in all my songs, and that seems to have improved the transition time between songs too somehow. Weird. I think my thing was tied to album art or something

Phone Guy 4567

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
This update could be specifically for carriers that have had trouble with the 1308 update, like AT&T. I am fairly sure the 1308 update changes were almost identical to this one, except for the connectivity fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos