1314 Firmware + AT&T tests LTE and $$

tehdcfresh

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So I have been plagued with the 1308 LTE issue as I wrote in the past thread. I downloaded it without a hitch and installed it. House test, email, youtube, facebook, all works at speedy rates again. MMS receiving back to normal. Oddly I still show 2 bars LTE at home. It use to be 3 or 4 but with the patch its pretty speedy very snappy too. Speedtest OTA is actually faster at 6.50Mbps, use to get around 5.8, 6, though upload doesnt work, not sure if its the new update from the speedtest app.

Took a walk to the store. Right when I stepped outside it switched to edge, waked passed 4 houses then no signal then back to 4g then LTE. I got a little worried but I checked my email when no bars showed and it seemed to be working fine. Came back the same way and LTE signal full bars stuck the way back oddly.

I also called AT&T and told them about the last time I called when it first happened. I told them they shot me to level 2 support, both agents could not fix my issue and that they told me either hard reset or get a refurb and I said well it would take me an hour or so to back my stuff up. She said hey I can call back in an hour in which she never did, nor did I hard reset as I was having dinner. So she apologized for this and that, she asked where I got the update and I had told her if you read Nokia's FB or Twitter that this is a big issue and they have been saying there was a fix for this on connection issues and there was alot of people in wpcentral who were not happy either. She said she typed this into the system as I spoke.

Then she asked so what can I do for you. I asked for a credit because for a good 2 weeks my data has not worked as it should. She said very understandable as she would be upset too. I was credited $41.58 and after that she thanked me for using AT&T etc etc. I will monitor it obviously and see how well the update worked or not in the few coming days, I just thought it would be great for people to know this as she even said its not even in there systems about any Lumia 920 connection issue or even knew about the update/s.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
i now have LTE back aswell but not the LTE speeds was was getting. Im getting half of what i should be getting in NYC. This issue is not fixed

tehdcfresh

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
well im in nyc as well and i have never really run any speedtest elsewhere(outdoors or at work) but at my house. I've ran a few more testing different servers and my download speed still sticks are 6.5ish Mbps and my upload around 3.2 Mbps

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The issue is with the carrier.

Neither Nokia or MS have control over the strength or speed of the LTE signal. Been following all the LTE/4G problems and posts with interest.
I'm in the UK with the carrier EE/Orange. No problems at all with signals over here. LTE is stable and quick. I know we are a smaller country, but it seems we have a technological advantage. None of the problems that have plagued AT&T users in the U.S. are evident here....

I genuinely sympathise with my transatlantic cousins.....

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The issue is not with AT&T. Its a software issue which we all know. Ihave 3 phones in front of me. An iphone 5, nokia lumia 920, samsung galaxy s3. Both the iphone5 and galaxy s3 get minimum 25mbps and a max of 42mbps in nyc.the nokia is getting 4-9mbps after the 1314 update. conslusion nokia screwed something up and its not fully resolved. i spent 45 min on the phone with att earlier who said the new update doesnt seem to be working as it should be .

tehdcfresh

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
ok well I drove to the gym and was in the car and while driving back i thought about this. I did the speedtest's while the car was moving about 50mph on the highway the whole time, in 3 test I got (4 bars lte some reason not 5) 14.52mbps down and 10.50 up all in that range

Connor Bunch

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Since the 1308 update, my phone has been having issues, just like you. I sort of live out in the country so I only get 4G, but I have no problem checking my email, watching YouTube, etc.. But when I installed the 1308 update, my phone went to crap. I do not get ANY signal at all at my house. This means I miss calls and texts and I am forced to use Wi-Fi. At school it's the same thing. At church, however, I get 3-4 bars with a solid 4G connection. I excitedly installed the 1314 update thinking it would fix everything. BUT IT DID NOTHING TO FIX THE ISSUES I AM HAVING. So at this point my phone is completely useless as well, a phone. I bought this high end smart phone thinking it could do everything! And it can! I love this phone. But sadly, now I cannot even make phone calls, which I find ridiculous and very upsetting. I have no clue how these updates passes quality assurance.

tehdcfresh

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
so heres a new update. Was in the park enjoying the weather and randomly did a speedtest. 28.54 Mbps down and 10.35 Mbps up! I was reading some of the other posts that you guys said about the iphone and s3 and well dont know about that. My dad lives about 5 minutes away and I went to his place to fix his computer. I notice he just got a new S3(he told me this about a week ago) So I downloaded speedtest, full bars and all, brand spanking new s3 only got about 5.30 Mbps down and weirdly 8.23 Mbps Up. I did this 5 times from 5 different servers new york and new jersey and the numbers were pretty much the same

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa