After the 1314 firmware update , no tile update or toast notifications.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am getting really annoyed by Nokia, it looks like everytime they push an update to fix something they mess something up. Since the update my tiles don't get updated at all. Weaves, WPC, Amazing HD, CNN are some of the apps for example. I had connectivity issues with 1308 and now live tiles issues with 1314. Anyone else is experiencing the same issue?

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I am having no issues now that I have updated to 1314. FWIW I did OTA for 1308 and 1314 and did have connectivity issues with 1308.

nikana

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I too noticed a few of my tiles were not working. I did a soft reset, then a normal reset just to get everything refreshed. Working fine now.

boatsnbeaches

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. For some reason data was disabled after the update did a 2nd reboot. I re-enabled data under "Setttings > Cellular > Data Connection" and all was good. So far my connectivity and battery issues seem to be fixed.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My Bloomberg tile was blue and dead after the update, but appeared to fix itself. I did not do anything. That tile has never worked correctly anyway, but it did seem to become "live" within the last few months.

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
By the way, I still get the "Access Point" option menu in Settings after the 1314 update. I am still convinced that I should NOT be seeing this.

None of my 3rd party Live Tiles are working

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I am getting really annoyed by Nokia, it looks like everytime they push an update to fix something they mess something up. Since the update my tiles don't get updated at all. Weaves, WPC, Amazing HD, CNN are some of the apps for example. I had connectivity issues with 1308 and now live tiles issues with 1314. Anyone else is experiencing the same issue?

Yes - ALL 3rd Party Live Tiles were broken with 1308 for me, and 1314 does NOT fix them....

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
What is a "soft reset" and what is a "normal reset"?

Soft reset is holding volume down and power button till phone vibrates and restarts - only resets clock and is more like battery pull.

Normal reset is hard reset - from settings - about - reset phone - wipes data.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My third party Live Tiles are not working either.
What I don't understand is how come some people experience this problem but others don't.
Is there anything that can be done? Tried a soft reset, but no luck. Would hate to do a hard reset only to find out that the problem remains.

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
My Live Tiles work fine (except the store notifications, which are still not working at all, but I've heard they may take several days)... If you have problem - just do this: first, a "soft reset" by holding the "volume down" and "power" key until the phone turns off. After the phone boots up, do a normal reboot, by only using the "power" button. That's it, after these two steps you should get live tiles properly working again. Of course, this will probably not fix the notifications (like the app store notifications, which are still "broken" for me)...

If that won't work - try uninstalling the apps with Live Tiles before doing the "soft reset" and reinstalling them after that.

Last edited:

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
App store update notifications, from what I have observed, are checked every morning US Eastern time. I have started a thread about this on the WP8 section.

Emcee

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
App store update notifications, from what I have observed, are checked every morning US Eastern time. I have started a thread about this on the WP8 section.

Really? Seems like my notifications pop up late afternoon, and I'm PST.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My Live Tiles work fine (except the store notifications, which are still not working at all, but I've heard they may take several days)... If you have problem - just do this: first, a "soft reset" by holding the "volume down" and "power" key until the phone turns off. After the phone boots up, do a normal reboot, by only using the "power" button. That's it, after these two steps you should get live tiles properly working again. Of course, this will probably not fix the notifications (like the app store notifications, which are still "broken" for me)...

If that won't work - try uninstalling the apps with Live Tiles before doing the "soft reset" and reinstalling them after that.

Thanks, but I tried all of the above, and the problem persists.
By the way, my app store notifications seem to be working fine, it is the third party apps that are giving me grief.
Anything else that I can do?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I tried all of the above, and the problem persists.
By the way, my app store notifications seem to be working fine, it is the third party apps that are giving me grief.
Anything else that I can do?

have you tried unpinning and repining the tile?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99