Anyone else see *dramatic* battery improvement after 1314 update?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Crazy. Did you actually use it for multiple days to see if it actually lasted that long? My L822 has done that a time or two, but then towards the end of the day all of a sudden it drops down to like 7% and tells me to plug in.

No I didn't, I should have though. I always set my phone on the wireless charger at night when I turn in. I am sure about 2 minutes after I saw that battery indicator I did a soft reset. I did a lot of those during the time the connection issue was happening. Trying everything I could to get it fixed. I took a screenshot of it though because I had never seen it that high before.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My battery has had a very noticeable improvement since the update. I notice wireless charging speed is up too. Nokia's engineers are getting it done. Now if they could address my live tile issues, I'd be on cloud 9 and 10.

m0unds

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
i've had a random full-bore weird discharge since 1314, but other than that, my battery life is much the same as it was before 1314.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to be bad or with new theories but... It must be some software update or settings update, not about firmware... Cause a few days that my battery drains really fast and I'm on L820

SER1ALZ

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
No my battery is a drama. I think i should return it? It was FULLY charged, i did a soft reset, fully charged it, kept it charging for some hours.. than it was idle for 7 hours (not using it) the minute i started to moderately using it its simply to cry about.. i think..

api43b.jpg

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
This might help!
I read at Nokia forums that here drive+ and here city lens can drain drastically the battery.
So they suggested to go settings and disable.

w_byrnes

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
My battery life had been gradually improving until the 1308 update. It got much worth after the update. Now after the 1314 update, it has "dramatically" improved. Very happy with it.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Much as I would love it, it is no different. What is sad is that when I reflashed 1308 I saw a massive difference for 4 days where it was perfect but then the OS decided to leave whatever junk runs in the background running and went back to normal. Latest changed nothing.

Waiting eagerly for an OS update.

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I used to leave my phone plugged up the entire night. Then one day I forgot and saw that it was done to 10% at 5AM. Put it on charging...and it was 100% by around 7:20am...took it out...and surprise...by bed time, some 15 hrs later, it still had 48% remaining...now I just charge from 5AM to 7AM and routinely I get through the day with couple of hrs of music, some 40 mins of talk time, and 30 mins of wifi..and 2g constantly on....and by bedtime, I still have 30% to hold till the next charge....and I still don't have the 1304 update yet....

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Exactly opposite. My battery tanked after update. 40% in 3 hours with very limited use and no background tasks at all.

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been having problems the last two weeks with my battery discharging even when hooked to my chargers. It won't read the battery level correctly at all. Friday, it discharged to 9% then shut off on me, so I plugged it in at home, it restarted and said 9%, then 5 mins later it said 100% full charge, and stayed that way for the rest of the evening. Then, after sitting on the wireless charging pad all night, it said 60% in the morning and the battery icon on the screen wouldn't show anything (empty battery). In settings, it said I had 0% battery all day, yet it worked fine. It said the same thing yesterday, then about 6pm, the phone shut off on me. I plugged it in, thinking it would restart, but NOPE. It started, the Nokia logo popped up, then a quick white line flashed at the bottom of the screen, then showed the battery logo in the middle with a question mark on it. It just continued to loop this cycle for a couple hours. So, now I have a warranty replacement coming tomorrow from AT&T.

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought my L920 in November and I have never experienced any battery problems. In fact, there have been times when my battery was at 80% around 8pm. Today I experienced a significant battery drain, and I can only assume that it is related to the 1314 update. I was in meetings most of the day. So, I didn't even use my phone. However, I noticed that my battery was at 42% at 1 pm. And, it was completely drained by 4pm. This is the first time I have ever had battery problems!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea