Really disappointed with Nokia Care

Niren Tuladhar

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought a 920 around a month and a half back but few weeks ago the touchscreen and the capacitive buttons stopped working. I did a number of soft resets but it didn't respond. So, I took the phone to Nokia Care and they did a complete system wipe and re-flashed the firmware and returned the phone. It worked for a few days but again broke down with the same problem few days back. The phone had stopped working on the third day itself but after a few soft resets it started working and didn?t freeze up once until few weeks ago where it stopped working altogether.

I went to Nokia Care again hoping for a replacement this time. But they reflashed the firmware and said that it fixed it but they returned me the phone with a dead battery. They made some lame excuse about not having the charger. So, I couldn?t check it there but they assured me that it was fixed. I went home, charged it up only to find that the same problem still persists. Now, I don?t know what happened there but I know it magically didn?t break down on my way home. How could they think that this will deceive me?

I am a huge Nokia and Microsoft fan and I paid a huge amount for this phone (around $800, which is a lot in an impoverished country like Nepal) but I am really disappointed with this. For such a high end phone, I ought to be getting a decent service. But this is an utter disgrace. Even the technicians are so rude. When I insisted that it was a hardware problem and that I needed a replacement calmly, they replied harshly saying that they fixed the problem, as if we having some kind of brawl. They even stated Nokia doesn?t offer replacements for Lumia series because it is a high end phone and very expensive. Now, this is nonsensical! Why are they finding it so difficult to replace the phone? Are they neglecting because I live in a small country?

Nokia really needs to step up their game if they want to capture the market share like Samsung. A similar incident happened to my friend?s Galaxy S3 ? they replaced it without any issues whatsoever.
I had been recommending Lumia series to many of friends but now, after this incident, I don?t know what to say. This is one of the worst services I have ever experienced. I am taking the phone back to Nokia Care for the third time in 6 weeks tomorrow. I really hope I get my replacement else; I am never going to buy a Nokia again.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, Apple's support is better, as they have more stores and repair it in the store. If you break or have problems with your WP after the return policy, the Microsoft Store won't repair it, and there are barely any locations, so would have to either replace your phone or send it in and be phone less for a week.

Only this reason is why I would buy an iPhone.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, Apple's support is better, as they have more stores and repair it in the store. If you break or have problems with your WP after the return policy, the Microsoft Store won't repair it, and there are barely any locations, so would have to either replace your phone or send it in and be phone less for a week.

Only this reason is why I would buy an iPhone.

I doubt your "logic" helps the OP since Nepal likely doesn't have an Apple store near him nor does he own an iPhone. Nice iCommercial though.

I would say to the OP that Nokia is usually great with service. When you go to the Care Center explain your frustration and your faulty hardware theory. If they don't respond satisfactorily, ask for a supervisor/manager and appeal to that person. I'd also tweet Nokia Care. They probably have a Twitter team for your region. For example, I tweet to @NokiaCareUS. If you can't find your country, Tweet them and ask for a referral. They also have chat support on their website. I've had great luck with all of the above resources.

If none of those result in your satisfaction, cone back here or PM me for escalated measures.

Good luck!!!

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i agree, not Nokia fault but the techs at your local Care Center...i never seen pplz having trouble replacing their phones - specially the Lumia 920 lol
i'd say you should contact Nokia directly thru their website or like the guy above me suggested, thru Twitter...obviously the guys at your local Care Center are clueless lol

this looks like smth that could happen here in Brazil too...but this situation has more to do with bad professionals, sometimes they're poorly qualified for the job and misinformed on Nokia policies...like i said, so far i haven't seen pplz reporting trouble replacing their Lumias!

Niren Tuladhar

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I doubt your "logic" helps the OP since Nepal likely doesn't have an Apple store near him nor does he own an iPhone. Nice iCommercial though.

I would say to the OP that Nokia is usually great with service. When you go to the Care Center explain your frustration and your faulty hardware theory. If they don't respond satisfactorily, ask for a supervisor/manager and appeal to that person. I'd also tweet Nokia Care. They probably have a Twitter team for your region. For example, I tweet to @NokiaCareUS. If you can't find your country, Tweet them and ask for a referral. They also have chat support on their website. I've had great luck with all of the above resources.

If none of those result in your satisfaction, cone back here or PM me for escalated measures.

Good luck!!!

Yes, we don't have Apple stores here, just some re-distributors. I bet they don't even give a proper warranty.

I will probably try all of those. Thanks. :)

Niren Tuladhar

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
i agree, not Nokia fault but the techs at your local Care Center...i never seen pplz having trouble replacing their phones - specially the Lumia 920 lol
i'd say you should contact Nokia directly thru their website or like the guy above me suggested, thru Twitter...obviously the guys at your local Care Center are clueless lol

this looks like smth that could happen here in Brazil too...but this situation has more to do with bad professionals, sometimes they're poorly qualified for the job and misinformed on Nokia policies...like i said, so far i haven't seen pplz reporting trouble replacing their Lumias!

True, I haven't either. The way US gets its phones so easily replaced, I envy them. XP

I'll try all of those. Thanks. :)

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I would let Nokia know directly. The company actually care about their customers. I'm sure they would get you a replacement....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6